Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:45 AM

119 posts, read 293,031 times

Advertisements

With more and more of these revenue making camera systems being used in many places in the U.S. there is now a technological way to avoid these unwanted tickets legally. Most of us do not intentionally speed or break the law but we are human and make mistakes. I wish to make this clear I am not selling this item and will not provide any link guiding you to the stores that sell this (Forum rules) you can Google it yourself if you are interested in more info.. I have used this product myself for some time now, and have found it most useful. It is called a 9500ix, and I find it a most useful and money saving device. I am a class "A" CDL semi driver with over 2 million safe and ticket free miles so as you might guess, SAFTY IS MY EVERY DAY GOAL, (I am not a speeder) I use this device ONLY in my personal car. The integration of GPS into a radar detector is probably the most significant innovation to this market, and is a game changer. A drive through places like AZ, where they have placed cash registers (er, speed cams) instantly triples the value of a product like the 9500ix. On a recent trip to AZ it picked up every one of them (note that the fixed cameras do not rely on radar so a traditional detector is useless). It also noted the red light cameras with plenty of advance notice.Also the 9500ix is continually updated as to the locations of any new cameras that have been installed. The cost of this device is far less than all the costs of getting these camera tickets.

Last edited by cheesecurd; 11-14-2011 at 07:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
I assume they will eventually pass a law against devices like this. Anyways I have never been caught by one of these cameras and i find it hard to actually go the speed limit anywhere. Im sure its probably just the area I am in and that will probably change as more of these cameras pop up.

But damn, 400-500 dollars for one of these? Crazy

Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 AM

119 posts, read 293,031 times
To help others understand, there is more cost of speeding ticket than just the fine imposed by the court. Before you just pay your ticket you need to evaluate the total cost of a speeding ticket.

MOD EDIT. Only two sentences may be quoted from any source. Please cite your resource.

Last edited by linicx; 11-22-2011 at 05:04 PM..

Old 11-14-2011, 08:00 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I assume they will eventually pass a law against devices like this.
You can do this with most cell phones that have GPS, they would have to pass a law making the software illegal and/or disseminating the data. I don't see that happening and if they did how are they going to catch you without confiscating your phone or monitoring your internet activity? The device mentioned here is also a radar/laser detector which of course gives you more functionality that just a cell phone.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:43 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,166,492 times
I don't know how your states that have red light cams get away with it?
In MN they were found to be unconstitutional and had to be removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I assume they will eventually pass a law against devices like this. y

Old 11-14-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
In MN they were found to be unconstitutional and had to be removed.
Under the State constitution which is going to be different in each state, having said that I'd agree, their primary use is to generate revenue.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Personally, I enjoy lighting up the traffic cameras when turning right (go just fast enough to disrupt the field, and then stop at the light to yield). I wish more people would do that just so that that authorities spend time and money figuring out if the person did break the line. Just make sure to stop and yield, however.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Personally, I enjoy lighting up the traffic cameras when turning right (go just fast enough to disrupt the field, and then stop at the light to yield). I wish more people would do that just so that that authorities spend time and money figuring out if the person did break the line. Just make sure to stop and yield, however.
Not decelerating normally at an intersection is not a very safe driving practice nor is it very good for the car. Slow and steady braking pressure is substantially less wear and tear on your brakes than hard stop in short distance.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:30 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Not decelerating normally at an intersection is not a very safe driving practice nor is it very good for the car. Slow and steady braking pressure is substantially less wear and tear on your brakes than hard stop in short distance.
You don't have to speed thru, you just have to go fast enough. It is not uncommon to see these cameras trigger at normal speeds. This, coming from someone who uses minimal braking (two brake pad replacements over 195K miles in a 1998 Accord can vouch for that).

Old 11-14-2011, 06:04 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,128,114 times
Where I live, they allow for some time for a driver to pass through a red light. The thinking is that sometimes a quick stop would mean someone behind crashing into you. I've gone through the red light at least three times with no consequences. And when I went to Dallas? Same thing. When I was there I read the Sunday paper about an article saying law was considered to be a civil matter, yet many people who really did something bad, they would refuse to pay their tickets.

I think people should be paying tickets if they are really at fault. Otherwise, there could be serious consequences, inviting serious injury or death.

I just wonder...Would people prefer to have a policeman watching certain crossings than a camera that gives you a bit of leeway? Not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics