U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 07:34 AM

288 posts, read 611,210 times

Advertisements

Calling all experts!

I need to fit a new car stereo on my 2003 Mitsi Eclipse.

I have found a few nice stereos, just wondering if any of you folks could help advise me on if I need to purchase any additional parts to fit this? I have a few choices, so any recommendations on which are the most suitable would also be appreciated!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3MJ987JELUZUB

Amazon.com: Dual XR4115 In-Dash MP3, WMA Mechless Digital Media Receiver with USB, 3.5mm and SD Card Inputs: GizmosForLife

Amazon.com: Sony Cdx-gt550ui In-dash Car Cd/mp3/aac/ipod/usb Player Am/fm Receiver with Detachable Faceplate, Aux Input and Remote: DiscountsJungle

The main thing I want with the new stereo, is to be able to plug in my IPOD or an MP3 player.

Thank you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 11:54 AM

3,160 posts, read 8,214,746 times
The best site by far for this sort of thing, if you don't know exactly what you're doing, is Crutchfield: Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras

They'll send you all the parts necessary, as well as detailed instructions, and they also have people you can call to walk you through the installation.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:29 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,649,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleys Mum View Post
Calling all experts!

I need to fit a new car stereo on my 2003 Mitsi Eclipse.

I have found a few nice stereos, just wondering if any of you folks could help advise me on if I need to purchase any additional parts to fit this? I have a few choices, so any recommendations on which are the most suitable would also be appreciated!

Amazon.com: Kenwood KDC248U In-Dash Head Unit Car Stereo: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Dual XR4115 In-Dash MP3, WMA Mechless Digital Media Receiver with USB, 3.5mm and SD Card Inputs: GizmosForLife

Amazon.com: Sony Cdx-gt550ui In-dash Car Cd/mp3/aac/ipod/usb Player Am/fm Receiver with Detachable Faceplate, Aux Input and Remote: DiscountsJungle

The main thing I want with the new stereo, is to be able to plug in my IPOD or an MP3 player.

Thank you !
Why not post this in the Automotive forum?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/automotive/

What does installing a car stereo have to do with Science and Technology?

Old 11-15-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Why not post this in the Automotive forum?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/automotive/

What does installing a car stereo have to do with Science and Technology?
I wasn't sure where to post,

Old 11-16-2011, 08:47 AM

28,617 posts, read 40,594,929 times
It's no longer pertinent. You already have the best answer in post #2.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
The best site by far for this sort of thing, if you don't know exactly what you're doing, is Crutchfield: Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras

They'll send you all the parts necessary, as well as detailed instructions, and they also have people you can call to walk you through the installation.
Big thank you to Pcity, I got a great stereo from Crutchfield, what a great service too!! Thanks for the recommendation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics