U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 11:45 AM

87 posts, read 75,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Microsoft has been granted a patent for its “avoid ghetto” feature for GPS devices. A GPS device is used to find shortcuts and avoid traffic, but Microsoft’s patent states that a route can be plotted for pedestrians to avoid an “unsafe neighborhood or being in an open area that is subject to harsh temperatures.”

Microsoft Patents ‘Avoid Ghetto’ Feature For GPS Devices « CBS Seattle

Hello plwhit and all

Thanks plwhit.

Well another piece of evidence showing Bill Gates can be called a "social Darwinist" and it confirms without a shadow of doubt Bill Gates and like minded individuals (We) have the "same" one agenda and "social Darwinist" practices are included.

Where did the (We) come from: http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post22422008

and link for meaning of: Social Darwinism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let me say first I am not singling out Bill Gates because he is rich and recognized as a genius by many people but because I love him and we are all in this country called the United States of America as fellow citizens.

It is the duty of a citizen to use his rights "1st amendment" when necessary.

How to use your "1st Amendment" right of the Constitution of the United States of America as an atheist and/or hater of Christianity: http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...l#post22137770

GPS Devices are technology based on mapping landscape and waterways for navigation. Thus Microsoft has made it a business to understand the terrain. According to the article crime statistics are fed by the police to determine the threshold of being consider unsafe for travel or navigation. American police and the writer of this article are then well versed (trained) in "social Darwinist" and applying their education to the buying public. That also indicts government from local to state to federal level also.

It shows that Bill Gates has learned from the best of the United Kingdom or known as Great Britain.

Before "black people" as "white and other" Americans know their fellow citizens of with a dark hue was introduced in mass to the United Kingdom or Great Britain very eerily similarities of "avoid ghetto" features happen in so-called "white" London.

Youtube video based on I think BBC sources: (if you are Scottish descent you should pay close attention)

The History of Racism - Episode 2 (part 5/6) - YouTube

I learned from this video that the Cockney race, the English country race, and the Scottish race was equal to today's underclass in America and they lived in the rockeries(ghettos), the east ends(ghettos), the melting pots (ghettos) that afflict the horrors on the rest of fine English UK societies.

All in Charles Darwin's time when he walked the earth. The higher classes of England made maps of where these notorious races lived in Great Britain and/or United Kingdom.

In England race and class are interwoven so under the same auspices the same can be said in the United States of America.

America being a melting pot is not a kind word in United Kingdom or Great Britian.

"Social Darwinism" has traveled the waterways from United Kingdom to the rest of the world and now it travels the airwaves from space to my computer.

And now it has return back to the top of Bill Gates and Microsoft crowning achievement.

I think knighthood is in order from the ruling monarchs of United Kingdom and Harvard University too for our American citizen Bill Gates.

From now on any educated person on city-data.com/forums who use the term ghetto is knowingly or unknowingly practicing "social Darwinism" and it's not even American based. How unpatriotic of you.

That's my thoughts on this matter.

Last edited by Pup Eli; 01-10-2012 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: Maps do mean something Nothing has changed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 AM

10,424 posts, read 8,950,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Microsoft has been granted a patent for its “avoid ghetto” feature for GPS devices. A GPS device is used to find shortcuts and avoid traffic, but Microsoft’s patent states that a route can be plotted for pedestrians to avoid an “unsafe neighborhood or being in an open area that is subject to harsh temperatures.”

Microsoft Patents ‘Avoid Ghetto’ Feature For GPS Devices « CBS Seattle

Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 PM

87 posts, read 75,389 times
Talking The open area question answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
How exactly is it supposed to route a pedestrian around an "open area that is subject to harsh temperatures."? Like it may be freezing right here, but if I walk two blocks over its 75 and sunny?
Hello Febtober.

Come to think of it, Febtober the "open area" means country based on the Youtube video I supplied of the races who were subject to social Darwinism.

Every feature of Microsoft's GPS has been thought out well in advance.

Bill Gates is a man before his times.

That's my thoughts on this matter.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:05 PM

32,531 posts, read 31,235,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
In a city like Madison, WI, where the city lies between lakes, it makes sense that walking near the lake on a hot day would be a little cooler, and walking near the frozen lake in the middle of January would do nothing but increase the discomfort, particularly if the wind was blowing a certain direction. That's just an example. In Phoenix, there are different factors.
Yeah. Starting with "no lakes".

Old 01-10-2012, 02:22 PM

1,393 posts, read 7,117,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hell, who needs that feature? Just type "check cashing stores" into your GPS and you'll automatically know what to avoid.
Exactly..

I have a "test" I use when considering going into an unknown area..or..more often then not..I make note of the following after the fact. A clear indication of areas to bypass next time.

1: Check Cashing Outlets
2: Tatoo parlors
3: "Avoid Mail Fraud"...Have your mail delivered here !!
4: Pawn Shops
5: Add your cautions here. ;-)

IMHO opinion when you make a mental note of these things as you're driving it's pretty clear you're venturing into questionable territory

Old 01-10-2012, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 968 times
If you lived or visited Houston, it would be OBVIOUS. In downtown Houston there are many miles of underground tunnels and walkways that keep pedestrians out of the muggy heat. But you would never know exactly how far they go unless you experimented. The same is the case for downtown Cleveland during the winter, there are public buildings you can walk through in the dead of winter to avoid the wind and cold.

But of course you just think its racist and don't even possess the imagination to see how weather routing of pedestrian traffic makes sense. Airhead.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:33 AM

2,245 posts, read 3,625,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hell, who needs that feature? Just type "check cashing stores" into your GPS and you'll automatically know what to avoid.
Now that's funny.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:44 AM

2,245 posts, read 3,625,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
Exactly..

I have a "test" I use when considering going into an unknown area..or..more often then not..I make note of the following after the fact. A clear indication of areas to bypass next time.

1: Check Cashing Outlets
2: Tatoo parlors
3: "Avoid Mail Fraud"...Have your mail delivered here !!
4: Pawn Shops
5: Add your cautions here. ;-)

IMHO opinion when you make a mental note of these things as you're driving it's pretty clear you're venturing into questionable territory

6. Any place that installs "whistle tips" on exhaust pipes.

The whistles go.... whoo whoo! - YouTube

Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 AM

2,477 posts, read 4,541,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixonine View Post
If you lived or visited Houston, it would be OBVIOUS. In downtown Houston there are many miles of underground tunnels and walkways that keep pedestrians out of the muggy heat. But you would never know exactly how far they go unless you experimented. The same is the case for downtown Cleveland during the winter, there are public buildings you can walk through in the dead of winter to avoid the wind and cold.

But of course you just think its racist and don't even possess the imagination to see how weather routing of pedestrian traffic makes sense. Airhead.
Racist? What in God's name are you talking about?

I understand how routing through buildings makes sense, however I doubt the owners of the buildings would be thrilled with pedestrians using the space that they pay for as a shortcut, with no intention of purchasing anything. Similar to how Starbuck's gets tired of people walking in off the street to use their restrooms without buying anything.

You could argue that it may generate revenue from the odd person maybe making an impulse buy during their shortcut, but I think it should be up to the individual building owner if they want to participate.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:35 PM

11,544 posts, read 26,367,674 times
I think GPS will be a lot better 10 years from now. Right now I rank it with a certain popular mapper that tends to send drivers the wrong way on a clearly marked One-Way street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics