Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,163 times

Advertisements

27 inch Sony Wega HDTV,works fine but after about 10 hours of CONSTANT use it will shut off and the Stand by/Timer will BLINK 6 times. Went through the book and nothing. We have had it about 7 years and it is the best tv ever, so what now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 05:38 AM

620 posts, read 1,746,644 times
6 times red standby blinking is error code that shows deflection section stopped for some reason and usually it happens due to couple of bad chips of power supply section on DZ board of TV.
Both chips replacement requires soldering work and this should be done by qualified TV repairman, repair may cost around $150 to $200.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:25 PM

518 posts, read 2,055,971 times
Have you checked any timers? It may be an automatic "timer", if hours of inactivity it will shut off. Check the Sony forums online.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:03 PM

44,569 posts, read 61,347,806 times
Call Sony's customer service number, it should be in your owners manual. They are very helpful.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:45 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,962,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann521 View Post
27 inch Sony Wega HDTV,works fine but after about 10 hours of CONSTANT use it will shut off and the Stand by/Timer will BLINK 6 times. Went through the book and nothing. We have had it about 7 years and it is the best tv ever, so what now?
WOW, I have the 37 inch Sony Wega Flat screen TV that is 12 years old and does the exact same thing. It started last year. One day I was watching TV and it turned off and then back on....by itself!! Then after about 10 minutes, it shut off again and the standby timer started blinking. Weird! Nowadays, if the TV gets played a lot, it will turn off and not go back on, unless I turn it on. I usually keep it unplugged because I don't want it to turn on when nobody is home and also, I watch TV in my den area on a big screen HDTV.
I want to get rid of that Sony, but it weighs a a lot, I think it's like 250 lbs.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:29 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,962,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann521 View Post
Search Craigslist.

Those old large tube TVs are being given away for free ... or next to nothing.

As soon as someone buys a new LCD TV, they are stuck trying to get rid of their old CRT set.

Personally, I'd dump it, and replace it with an LCD TV.

The newer LCD sets have a much better picture, and you can watch channels in High Definition. Plus they use less electricity to run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics