U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 04:42 PM

6,368 posts, read 14,139,931 times

Advertisements

Any opinions on the LG product?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 07:27 PM

21,540 posts, read 24,674,751 times
Quote:
Any opinions on the LG product?
In line with Vizio in the US market. Nice picture, low end electronics.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:25 AM

5,372 posts, read 11,278,666 times
Wife and I have laptops.
Both of us can't see anything if our life depends on it, so invested 27 inch monitors.
Started with two LG units, liked it. Especially like the feature to *flip* between PC and TV mode !
Does have tilt and rotate base !!!

Then the TV in the bedroom gives up.
Costco to the rescue again. Got a Samsung 27.
Definitively looks better picture wise !
Also seems to have better sound !
Especially like the *Leanback* feature.
(If the monitor is *up high*, you are really not exactly in front of it but slightly below (any more tilting and the dang thing will fall off the wall thingy !), so pic diffuses a bit.
Leanback feature eliminates that !

LBNL, Love Costco (return policy!!) No questions asked EVER !!

Have one of the laptops connected to the bedroom TV, and thus can check e-mail on the same unit.
Also got a *smart* DVD player (worth the money we think).
CCTV connected to all TV monitors (HDMI ports) front door and garage area. Love the remote controls.

LBNL, agree fully with high refresh rate, but we are not concerned about that.
Big Samsung unit in Family-Room is 240 Hz.

I have *heard* that Vizio gets problematic at a later age ?
Even worse, we *hang out* in the food area of Costco ...
Right near the return goods area.
See a lot of Vizio units on the return line ...

Last edited by irman; 08-10-2012 at 11:36 AM..

Old 08-12-2012, 10:29 PM

48,516 posts, read 85,092,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Replaced my 55" rear projection after 10 years, with a new flat panel.

Got a 55" Vizio LCD/LED 240 refresh rate. Had it about 2 - 3 months now, and I'm still stunned when I walk into the room and see the picture quality. It has built in WiFi, streams from Netflix and Amazon Prime flawlessly, plus from my computers. Also supports Hulu and many other services I don't subscribe to. I can even stream Youtube videos straight to the TV.

It has the most features (that mattered to me) for the $$$ of all I compared. (signaficent price difference)

Based on how pleased we are with the 55" set, I replaced an old 27" CRT set in my office/computer room with a 32" Vizio LCD/LED set with Wifi which I'm watching the Olympics on now.
I bought the same TV when it first came out as it was recommend by several tech sites as best with one samsung over twice the price slightly better. L Hvae not seen a better picture on any set since that friends have.ove the set .

Old 08-13-2012, 07:21 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,563,969 times
i have a sharp 60 inch AQUOS i'm very happy with it. i haven't used it in 3D mode yet i'm waiting for avatar to come out in 3D. but over all it has a great picture. i have it hooked up to my hopper dvr for my hd programming. buyer be ware though id'e also opt for the extended warranty. as i bought a sony 2 years ago and it crapped out after two years!! avoid LG with all cost there customer service sucks as well as there products. i know the have something to do with the old goldstar brand maybe goldstar came back as LG i dunno. but anyways the goldstar brand was crap. vizo is owned by sony!! high def tv is already outdated as well there will be another hd format called ultra hd around 2032

Old 08-13-2012, 11:50 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,663,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
i have a sharp 60 inch AQUOS i'm very happy with it. i haven't used it in 3D mode yet i'm waiting for avatar to come out in 3D. but over all it has a great picture. i have it hooked up to my hopper dvr for my hd programming. buyer be ware though id'e also opt for the extended warranty. as i bought a sony 2 years ago and it crapped out after two years!! avoid LG with all cost there customer service sucks as well as there products. i know the have something to do with the old goldstar brand maybe goldstar came back as LG i dunno. but anyways the goldstar brand was crap. vizo is owned by sony!! high def tv is already outdated as well there will be another hd format called ultra hd around 2032
"Vizo" is not owned by Sony. Where do you people come up with these lies and misinformation? HD is outdated because another format is coming out in 20 years? WHAT???

Old 08-13-2012, 08:04 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,965,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
LG is Lucky GoldStar. They haven't changed. Thy just use their initials now.

Vizio is definitely not owned by Sony.

Ultra HD is already out and it's 20 years earlier than you predicted. Let's not mention the fact that you had a post-release prediction and still got it wrong.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:40 AM

13,720 posts, read 25,904,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
LG is Lucky GoldStar. They haven't changed. Thy just use their initials now.

Vizio is definitely not owned by Sony.

Ultra HD is already out and it's 20 years earlier than you predicted. Let's not mention the fact that you had a post-release prediction and still got it wrong.
Although Ultra HD exists, I would not say it is "already out." You can't buy it. There is no "content." And almost no one around the world has the broadband necessary to receive it. It requires 300 MB (bytes, not bits) per second.

I'm also not convinced the typical consumer, even the tech savvy one, has the appetite for yet another display technology that will push panel prices back up to $10K.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:23 AM

run like hell from LG

Old 08-17-2012, 11:25 AM

just what in'e been hearing but i don't belive everything i hear. though iv'e heard good and bad about vizo just like anything else you buy your taking a chance!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics