Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 02:22 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at getting IFINITY Home in my new house. Does anyone have the service and equipment? If so, how is the service and is it worth the cost?

XFINITY™ Home

When I was in NC, I had CPI home security which was great but they don't have that company here in MI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 02:58 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
I had CPI home security which was great but they don't have that company here in MI.
Comcast is not consistent from state to state. This is because they bought out smaller companies and all they basically did was change the name and drag their feet in upgrading to a bare minimum of that area to a national standard. So you may want to repost in the MI forum and include a reference to MI residents in your topic.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:23 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,547 times
What state are you located in?
I'm in NJ and they have never failed me. I know some people don't like them, but I have never had an issue. Everything that I complained about was taken care of efficiently. Sure, the rates are high, but most cable companies are.
If you want to keep the price down, just do basic cable.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:25 PM

399 posts, read 705,154 times
For new customers the price is reasonable but after you finish your one year, they hike up the price on you by $50.00. Just happened to us. I complained and had to drop some service stations so I could get a reasonable price.

Best of luck! Go to their website. It's user friendly!

Old 08-22-2012, 11:02 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
What state are you located in?
I'm in NJ and they have never failed me. I know some people don't like them, but I have never had an issue. Everything that I complained about was taken care of efficiently. Sure, the rates are high, but most cable companies are.
If you want to keep the price down, just do basic cable.
Does basic cable deter burglars? Do the police still get notified of a break-in?

Old 08-22-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee11 View Post
For new customers the price is reasonable but after you finish your one year, they hike up the price on you by $50.00. Just happened to us. I complained and had to drop some service stations so I could get a reasonable price.

Best of luck! Go to their website. It's user friendly!
By service stations, do you mean dispatch stations? In the event of an intruder, wouldn't you want to have access to the nearest service station to get the police there are quickly as possible?

Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 PM

192 posts, read 438,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
By service stations, do you mean dispatch stations? In the event of an intruder, wouldn't you want to have access to the nearest service station to get the police there are quickly as possible?

Nope, my handguns are closer than the police could ever be!

T.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Does basic cable deter burglars? Do the police still get notified of a break-in?
Sure, if you want to invite the burglar in to watch tv with you? If he is smart enough to cut your cable and phone line then you're on your own!

T.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoD View Post
Nope, my handguns are closer than the police could ever be!

T.
Um , Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoD View Post
Sure, if you want to invite the burglar in to watch tv with you? If he is smart enough to cut your cable and phone line then you're on your own!

T.
Comcast offers battery and cellular backup. Cutting the cable, phoneline, or even power will not immediately disable the system. If you invite someone to watch TV with you, they won't need to break in.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Um , Ok.

Comcast offers battery and cellular backup. Cutting the cable, phoneline, or even power will not immediately disable the system. If you invite someone to watch TV with you, they won't need to break in.
True, but then I wouldn't put my life and home in the hands of a cable tv company either. Do you think that would scare a burglar? I CAN tell you that a .40 cal glock WILL!

T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics