Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2015, 08:35 PM

569 posts, read 548,360 times

Advertisements

{The Media playing earphones vs. The classic TV headphones}

My question was if they were the same compatacble pieces.

My computer headphones won't burn out, if they were using on a TV, right?
(Would my computer headphones get damaged, if they are using as the traditional TV headphones on my traditional older TV?)

The electronic supplies stores could not answer me that.

Last edited by CPPU12345; 11-23-2015 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: Would my computer headphones .........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 02:00 AM

I checked the webs a bit. Apparently they were not the same things. There were differences between the newer digital and analogue outputs. The headsets might not fry, but wouldn't work without a transfering box.

Thank you for all you who bothered comming in.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:13 AM

16,484 posts, read 19,538,931 times
First of all, maybe no one KNEW and that's why you got no replies. Or maybe they didn't understand the question, because honestly I had to read it 3 times and I'm still not sure I understand it.

Headphones are headphones are headphones. A "transfering box"? wth is a transfering box?

To answer your question as I understand it: No, your "computer" headphones will not "burn out" if you use them on a TV.
You could take the very first pair of headphones ever invented and use them on the latest piece of hi tech equipment you can find and they won't "burn out".
There is technically no such thing as "Computer Headphones".
Headphones are really just tiny speakers.
Speakers are speakers are speakers.
Without getting into ohms, anyway...

Old 11-24-2015, 07:48 PM

I am having this old crystal ball TV. When I have more budgets, I am planning to buy a set of earphones to keep my room quiet. But apparently the wireless ones are too expensive for me. Hence I am planning to buy the traditional earphones (headphones) that are plugging directly into an analogue TV.

Then I examined my TV, and it had only the RCA outputs. So I was wondering if the later-era computer headphones would work on this electron. Therefore, I researched on this subject, when I was in the mood and having times to do so. The articles on the Internet suggested the later-era computer headphones were not the same as the analogue headphones as the digital singles were not compactable to the traditional singles. And to transferring the two alien singles into one language, there was an outputs convertor needed. Of course, the convertor had a technical name, which I bothered not bringing it up.

I, sometimes, posted in the ambiguous terms, because the people hyped the prices of the garbages when the needs risen. It was like what I said, “Ape planet”. You had no ideas the darkness of men’s hearts.

Thank you for replying my thread nevertheless.

Last edited by CPPU12345; 11-24-2015 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: grammars

Old 11-26-2015, 10:11 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,592,512 times
You might be able to use as an example a "Ugreen Premium 3.5mm Female to 2RCA Male Stereo Audio Adapter Cable Gold Plated for Smartphones, MP3, Tablets, Home Theater, 5ft/1.5m" http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Adapte...rca+male+cable

A $7.00 cable, assuming:
1. Your RCA outputs on your TV are audio outputs (RCA outputs can also output video, which you don't want)

2. You headphone has the proper size "jack", (There have been are three sizes used over the years)
Your TV manual may show the hookup. If you don't have the manual, search on Google.com for your TV model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics