U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:50 AM

973 posts, read 1,257,852 times

Advertisements

We just got our first HD setup and were given a Sony Bravia 5.1 with upscaling dvd player. Went and added a Blu-ray player to it. The sound on the theater system is very nice but I have not even hooked up the rear speakers. Just front imaging and I love it so far. Got to get more wire to splice in to set the rear speakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 01:56 PM

28,617 posts, read 40,594,929 times
I love it when a door opens and closes behind me when we're watching a movie...

Old 12-20-2012, 04:55 PM

54 posts, read 272,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Geez.... then you should have gone with silver litz wire.... and 'burn-in the cables' for weeks to get all the electrons to line up, determine the proper 'direction' of the speaker cables... OMG
Ever take a loudspeaker apart? Been building them since I was a kid. Maybe I just have a tin ear (or don't fall for snake oil).

You must own a dance club. Must be fun

Old 12-21-2012, 07:33 AM

3,252 posts, read 6,438,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Hey everybody the ultimate expert has arrived. Listen up as we are about to hear the one and only opinion that matters on City Data!

30 speakers. 50 subwoofers the size of a wine cellar. Piles (yes piles!!!) of terabyte hard drives. An HDTV the size of lower Manhattan - and not plasma as plasma is junk and outdated.

All bow to the Princess of Knowledge!!

On a more serious note: Do you realize that no one values your opinion here. You should see the reps I get...
I make no claims to be an expert on anything. Just stating my life experiences. I only have 4 subwoofers that jointly use a former wine cellar as an approximate infinite baffle. 30 speakers is correct (well, maybe 35). I do have a pile of TB drives, because they are dirt cheap. I only have a couple of HDTV's, that aren't very big, but that is because I don't watch much TV.
-- You have my gender wrong. Go look up where my screen name SuperSparkle came from.... hint: equine.

My motto is "everyone is my superior, in that I can learn from them." Just don't have much tolerance for ignorance, or incorrect information.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 AM

3,252 posts, read 6,438,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperblack View Post
You must own a dance club. Must be fun
Nope... just my listening room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics