Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2014, 10:54 AM

14 posts, read 251,206 times

Advertisements

Love my new tv, however a major issue has been streaming Netflix through the TV's Smart Hub. Here is what happens:

1) During a show/movie, it will stop playing and show the red bar on the screen, then it will say something like "We are unable to play this title, please select another title or try again later". It will also have a code "tvp-830" on the screen.

2) So I exit out of there, exit Netflix, then re-enter Netflix.

3) It will then say, you are not connected to the internet. So I click on "Connect", then it says "Unable to Connect".

4) I click on Network settings, click "connect", then it connects almost immediately.

5) Open Newtflix, start the show/movie, and it plays until it crashes again, then I need to repeat all these steps!

At it's worst, it happens every 10 minutes. It comes and goes. I contacted my I.S.P., and they had me change the channel for my Wifi on my internet settings on my computer. I tried 3 or 4 different channels, and finally found one that worked perfectly, for about a week, then problems started again.

HELP!!!!! Trying to figure out if the problem is, my tv, Netflix, or my internet connection.

It may be worth mentioning that I have a 32" Samsung LED Smart TV in the bedroom and I ran a Netflix program simultaneously with my 51" in the living room, and while the one in the bedroom didn't crash as soon as the one in the living room, it eventually did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 11:14 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,575,382 times
I've gotten that Netflix error message too : "We are unable to play this title, please select another title or try again later". However, I get it when I am choosing a show, never during the show. No helpful answers here but I think its Netflix. That's a lot of streaming for $7.99 a month. I've googled the issue and see a lot of chatter about it with a number of sites with supposed fixes. You might try looking at those and see if it helps. Good luck!

Old 02-09-2014, 12:34 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,583,932 times
Out of all my wifi electronics this happens the most with my Samsung products (wifi TV and wifi DVD player). I've called Samsung and they told me how to reset the TV (UN60F8000) & DVD (BDF6500) and re-download the program. Didn't help one bit. Replaced the DVD player with a smart LG player and ran Netflix through it. The LG has had the issue come up once in a year. So from my experience it's mostly the Samsung and whomever wrote the app for them.

FYI FWIW: I stated mostly in the previous paragraph, because per Netflix you are limited to two devices (under 7.99 plan) per account. So if their computer system notices a third IP address, it drops one per them. I was running four. What's odd is that once I stopped using the Samsung TV & DVD for Netflix no other devices were ever dropped and I'm still running four. But what I have noticed is that I can't run more than two at the same time. This situation only occurs with Netflix and no other app.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:08 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,003,444 times
Are you getting lots of packet loss or timeouts on your network? i.e. if you play the movie on Netflix via your computer, would it crash?

Old 02-09-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Out of all my wifi electronics this happens the most with my Samsung products (wifi TV and wifi DVD player). I've called Samsung and they told me how to reset the TV (UN60F8000) & DVD (BDF6500) and re-download the program. Didn't help one bit. Replaced the DVD player with a smart LG player and ran Netflix through it. The LG has had the issue come up once in a year. So from my experience it's mostly the Samsung and whomever wrote the app for them.

FYI FWIW: I stated mostly in the previous paragraph, because per Netflix you are limited to two devices (under 7.99 plan) per account. So if their computer system notices a third IP address, it drops one per them. I was running four. What's odd is that once I stopped using the Samsung TV & DVD for Netflix no other devices were ever dropped and I'm still running four. But what I have noticed is that I can't run more than two at the same time. This situation only occurs with Netflix and no other app.
That's disappointing to hear as I spent 3 weeks researching tvs prior to purchasing and never came across anything about Samsung having issues. I did today come across a forum where the guy told me that a Samsung rep came to his house and replaced the board(s) on his tv and that it fixed the problem. So I sent an email on Samsung's website explaining the situation. Hopefully they will have a solution.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Are you getting lots of packet loss or timeouts on your network? i.e. if you play the movie on Netflix via your computer, would it crash?
I haven't tried playing Netflix on the computer yet but will give it a shot tonight.

For what it's worth, I use to stream through my Nintendo Wii with my previous tv and this problem would occur about once a month but it wasn't to the extent that it is now where it's almost unwatchable at times. But perhaps some blame should go to my ISP?

Old 02-14-2014, 08:27 PM

22,572 posts, read 24,369,327 times
Many times these "NEW" products will actually have been made quiet a while ago.

While your product is sitting on the warehouse shelf.......software/firmware bugs may have popped up. The company eventually becomes aware of theses bugs.....and puts out a software/firmware update for all effected systems. This firmware update will be put in all newly manufactured products. Stuff already sold....or sitting on the store shelves still will have the deficient firmware/software. I would check the manufacturer's website for the most current software/firmware version for your product.......and update it asap.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:29 AM

1 posts, read 4,182 times
Default Samsung wifi

Believe me, it's not a fault with Netflix, your internet or anything else you might have considered, it is 100% the tv. I have a samsung 40" f8000, which is samsungs flagship tv for 2013, so it was no bargain bin set, and i have exactly the same problem with the netflix issue, and also any video streaming service. I have an app on my tv called gamesreacter and the does the exact same thing, plays for about ten minutes then comes up no internet connection, and i have to go through the procedure of entering my router password, etc.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:17 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,583,932 times
Since this thread has come to life again the LG wifi Blu-ray player is still going strong and their cousin have gone to Goodwill. My Samsung UN60F8000 has since died. Samsung had another brainfart by making the video board part of the screen, so it cant be replaced on its own. Repair would have been $1100. Repair company told me the part number (which I verified), and said if I can find a new part cheaper anywhere in the country to order it and he'd install it (I couldn't). So now the TV has gone to the dump and has been replaced with a Toshiba and has had no connectivity problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics