U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2007, 09:43 PM

2,880 posts, read 6,228,516 times

Advertisements

Anyone here have either of these 2 devices? Any thoughts?
And please no fanboy answers, if you think your mp3 player is superior tell me why.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 08:11 PM

312 posts, read 986,281 times
I loved my old iPod but since I got a 30GB Creative Zen Vision:M, I'm starting to like the Zen even more. I haven't tried a Zune yet.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:08 PM

2,658 posts, read 10,572,027 times
I do not think that the zune is that good on paper (wifi transfer of songs). The battery life is not that good and any 1st gen Microsoft app is fraught with bugs.

I like the IPOD (I have the 80 gb Video). There are a lot accessories available. It is easy to use and rarely gives me problems.

Get the IPOD Classic.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:48 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,526,943 times
I have an 80gb Ipod classic, and my father has a 60gb Zune. We found that the sound quality on the Ipod was better, but movie viewing was better with the zune due to the larger screen. Go check them out and see which one you like better.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 4,052 times
Default Zune

I am not a fanboy so you CAN trust me! I own both the ipod classic 80 and the zune 80 and for me music videos and pictures are the most inprontant features and i think that the zune is a clear winner! The zune has better audio quality and ships with better headphones! It has a bigger screen so it does video much better! You can change the background so pictures are better on it! Now for the extras! The zune has a bigger screen, subscription music, better headphones, changable backgrounds, wifi sharing, wifi syncing, radio, glass screen, you can suscribe and unsuscribe from podcasts from the device! The ipod has games(that you have to pay for), clocks, calander, notes, stopwatch and screen lock! Plus i like the zune pad much more the the ipod click wheel! Plus the zune interface is better then the ipods interface! I also like the zune marketplace much more than itunes! Go for the zune!!!

Old 01-30-2008, 03:37 PM

6,987 posts, read 15,622,290 times
get a psp and call it a day.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:29 PM

16,726 posts, read 29,336,363 times
One thing I like about the iPod is a myriad of speaker and boom-box systems specifically designed for it, from home to automobile receivers. Just look at Crutchfield, or at B&H Photo & Video. I just bought a Bose SoundDock as a present to my wife, and the sound is amazing.

My boss is a big PC user, and swears not to use Apple products. Then he comes to work with a brand new iPhone, and now he won't put the thing down, just playing with it in amazement. He is into video and that sort of stuff, while i don't care to watch movies on iPod's nor any portable gadget like these.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:37 PM

23,440 posts, read 32,204,306 times
PC world had an article in it a couple of months ago that zune puts a DRM stamp on whatever MP3 file you load into a Zune, so you cant load that file onto any other device....... I think that would be a BIG negative, imho.
I have an 8GB Ipod Nano that I got for xmas, just love it! I'm not a fanboy, btw.......

Old 01-31-2008, 11:45 AM

11,319 posts, read 22,745,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Anyone here have either of these 2 devices? Any thoughts?
And please no fanboy answers, if you think your mp3 player is superior tell me why.

thanks
Have you considered a Toshiba Gigabeat? I've been eying them on eBay for some time -- the fact that they're both inexpensive and Rockbox-able are big plusses in my book.

A lot of iPods can use Rockbox, also. Nice if you want to play less common file formats, not have to depend on specialized software, or simply have more options in your player.

I currently have a Rockboxed Sansa e250, which is a nice player for what it is, but the built-in 2GB plus a couple of 2GB MicroSD cards just isn't very much space...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics