Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 09:14 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I was forbidden from washing clothes years ago as I don't do it correctly. I stay out of the laundry room.
I know that trick, my Uncle's wife is crazy about the lawn. After they married she asked him to cut the lawn once. He left clumps all over the place and that was the end of the lawn cutting duties for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 08:58 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I don't know what washing machine you're using but mine washes a load in less than an hour. You do need some time agitating with detergent because it takes time for the detergent molecules to find the dirt molecules and carry them away but 3 hours is over kill.
Just curious. What is the chemical structure of a dirt molecule?

Old 07-22-2014, 11:22 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
OP, the owners manual is your friend. If everyone bothered to read their owners manual at least once, many problems would never pop up. Then again, if people bothered to read the owners manual, many customer service operators would be out of work. Modern electronic washers require a full reading of the owners manual. Only time we throw out an owners manual is when we no longer own the item (thrown away, given away, or sold).

Old 02-18-2017, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,007 times
I own an LG WT1101CW top load front control washer. I purchased it about 3 years ago. I finally have had enough with the long running cycles that i went out today and purchased a Maytag (which i what i have always owned before). I hate this washer, i would like to throw it off a cliff. This is one of worst product i have ever purchased next to the piece of crap LG fridge that just got turned in for a lemon.

LG replaced a circuit board before it went out of warranty but did no good to solve problem. The Tech told me i was using to much soap. I ran a cycle with toddler clothes, no soap, no fabric softener nothing but clothes. Speed wash cycle estimated time was 35 minutes. that 35 minutes cycle took 2 hours and 25 minutes. So i guess its not too much soap.

LG has terrible products.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:27 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunn5 View Post
I own an LG WT1101CW top load front control washer. I purchased it about 3 years ago. I finally have had enough with the long running cycles that i went out today and purchased a Maytag (which i what i have always owned before). I hate this washer, i would like to throw it off a cliff. This is one of worst product i have ever purchased next to the piece of crap LG fridge that just got turned in for a lemon.

LG replaced a circuit board before it went out of warranty but did no good to solve problem. The Tech told me i was using to much soap. I ran a cycle with toddler clothes, no soap, no fabric softener nothing but clothes. Speed wash cycle estimated time was 35 minutes. that 35 minutes cycle took 2 hours and 25 minutes. So i guess its not too much soap.

LG has terrible products.
I never trusted Gold Star products, and still don't; changing the name meant nothing to me. Just a snow job, IMHO.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:01 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Several dishwasher brands take much longer to wash dishes than older ones. For a quick wash, the Maytag we have at home takes 1 hour, then there is a 3-hour cycle one can use, or a 7-hour cycle. Would you believe a dishwasher working on a load of dishes for 7 hours?
--------
Now the Maytag top-loader HE clothes washer we have has a 33-minute fast wash, and several other options. The longest is around 1 hour.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:32 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
7 hours? Wow. Yea, I just got a new dishwasher. I haven't read the thread, but mine takes 3 hours on the long cycle.
Why? It uses 1.8 GALLONS of water to wash all those dishes. That's pretty incredible.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,726 times
I just fixed my washer, the timer stayed at 19 minutes for over an hour and the washing cycle took about 2 to 2.5 hours. Turns out I had never cleaned the drain pump filter. It was cloged with some really nasty stuff. I followed the instructions on this video and It fixed my problem. It now takes less than an hout, start to finish. I think the problem was that the machine could not drain the washer. The pump was unable to pull the water out. Think of when you're drinking ice tea through a straw and a lemon seed gets sucked in and prevents you from gettiing a quick sip of tea. check out this video. The whole filter cleaning process took less than 10 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvv_EPQ_vTo

Old 05-06-2017, 10:21 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
Hi,

It takes at least 2 or 3 hours for my washing machine to wash. I mean I can't force it wasg my clothes within say 30 minutes. Why is that? How long does your washing machin wash in its fastest mode? I don't think a couple of shirts need 3 hours of washing.

Is there a way to change the title of the thread? I meant WASHING MACHINE, not WASHING WASHING. lol
It depends on your machine, cycle and load size. Get a better machine, and get wash done quicker.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:25 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Got an older Maytag Bravos HE top loader my wife and I really like. It should be from 8-10 years old already. It has the following washing cycles:

Heavy Duty = 0.52 (minutes)
Whites = 1.19 (hour and minutes)
Bulky Items = 1.08
Sheets = 0.41
Power wash = 1.09
Colors/Towels = 0.41
Rapid Wash = 0.34
Hand wash = 0.36
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics