U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 09:50 PM

1,718 posts, read 691,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Vizio TVs the best bang for the buck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
^^^
I bought a 48" Vizio. It was a lemon right out of the box. Calendar/clock didn't work. [an FCC requirement] DVD to HDMI on TV didn't work. Tried for two weeks communicating with Vizio tech. Waste of time. Remote was the size of a credit card, very small buttons and had to be pointed directly at sensor. Week three had two dead pixels stuck on blue. TV back in box, back to store, got a refund. Bought a Samsung.
The issue with Vizio is that it sucks for sports and other fast action video. You really cannot watch something like football at less than 120hz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 08:36 AM

11,849 posts, read 13,976,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
^^^
I bought a 48" Vizio. It was a lemon right out of the box.
That's the problem with these types of threads. It happens in every single one. One person likes A brand, the next HATES A brand. Because of course if you have a problem with a particular brand you aren't going to recommend that brand.
BUT OF COURSE, Just because you had ONE problem with ONE TV surely doesn't mean every TV from that brand is crap...

Quote:
Calendar/clock didn't work. [an FCC requirement]
Having a clock on your TV is not an FCC requirement.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:22 PM

6,865 posts, read 9,550,455 times
^^^^^
I can't find the FCC rule right now [I had it when conferring with Vizio] but YES know it all, the date and time is required to be received correctly [within one second] on a TV. Vizio techs knew it and tried to blame the problem on me for not getting my correct time from internet connection to TV. FCC rule states date/time is to be displayed when using the OTA tuner.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:23 AM

697 posts, read 1,183,448 times
You can never go wrong with Sony. We bought a 40" Bravia back in 2008 and the picture still looks fantastic.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:08 PM

14,253 posts, read 15,575,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhite View Post
You can never go wrong with Sony. We bought a 40" Bravia back in 2008 and the picture still looks fantastic.
While I recognize that Sony makes some good kit, I will never buy anything made by them again after some horrific customer service (or lack thereof). That was 7 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or