U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 01:12 AM

6 posts, read 7,301 times

Advertisements

I've literally gotten thousands of calls from "pharmacy" companies in India. Which I find to be astoundingly annoying and intrusive.
I've repeatedly asked these utterly conscience less fools to stop calling me but it seems these people have absolutely no understanding when it comes to empathy or compassion. Much less simple marketing sensibility. They are all mostly apparently desperately and absolutely unethical thieves. Or at least their corrupt business owners and managers are. Which for me, being a member of a family going back four generations in America, seems almost incomprehensible.

So what can each of us, as individuals in America who daily experience this apparently incessant plague of disruptive phone calls do about this?
What I typically do regarding these incessant intrusive phone calls is call the Indian Embassy in Washington DC at 202-939-7000 and express my displeasure with this situation to them and demand their help. And in addition you also might call each of your two US Senators and your US House of Representative's offices and complain about this foreign intrusion regarding your personal well being and privacy as an American citizen. The squeaky wheel get's the grease. Please feel free to copy and paste this comment to all other relevant blogs regarding this matter.

Last edited by INDIEROCK; 10-09-2015 at 01:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 06:09 AM

10,752 posts, read 18,001,409 times
We did this already Any way to stop "U S Pharmacy" telephone calls?

Not likely calling the Indian Embassy is going to accomplish anything at all.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:16 PM

2,563 posts, read 2,871,197 times
If your phone has "call blocking," just block their numbers. I've got so many numbers blocked I've lost count. There are only a few real people who have my number. Anyone else can either leave a message or get lost.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:26 PM

6 posts, read 7,301 times
@ NHdave. Thinking something is not likely to accomplish anything at all is a pretty good way in insure that nothing at all get's accomplished. If one really wants to get rid of the annoying wasp nest one is going to have to put some thought and effort into accomplishing that. Because certainly the wasps don't care to change their behavior on their own. As a matter of fact I've been in touch with the Indian Embassy several times and finally at this point they are quite empathetic regarding this issue and have given me four email address's to file my information. And the calls are subsiding. The more folks who get active about this problem, the sooner it will stop. Another proactive approach to the problem is to inform any companies that you are doing business with that you will not do business with them or give any of your financial information to anyone on the phone with an Indian accent who is obviously based in India for fear that you information will be sold on the street in India. Which it may well be. If those companies get on The Indian government a bit about this, the problem will quite possibly go away. Once a few "emissaries" from the Indian government go out and hack off a few fingers, I betcha things will change a bit. Now it's a good idea when these clowns from us pharmacy call, to play along with them a bit, tell them you're too busy to talk to them right now but would like to call them back to discuss the idea and ask them for an operable number. You might have to pressure them into that. Once you get that number, tell them to stop calling you. Then report that operable number to the email address's provided by The Indian Embassy. One of which is cpers@indiagov.org. As The Indian government realizes more and more that a small group of conscience less thieves from their country are pissing of thousands of Americans, my guess is, they'll get on it. But people in America sitting around passively presuming nothing can be done and making no effort to that end, will indeed insure that nothing changes. This sort of stuff can be fun. Come on kids. Let's stand up and put a little effort into correcting this intrusive and annoying injustice. We'll all be glad we did. Even probably NHDave.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:33 PM

11,815 posts, read 13,956,611 times
Get a new phone #. Solved. Seriously, I don't know anyone who's ever gotten a phone call from a pharmacy in India. You obviously gave your number to someone somewhere. I don't think this is nearly the huge problem you make it out to be.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:58 PM

28,607 posts, read 40,588,688 times
A paragraph break (or two) would make the op's last post readable. As it is I skipped it.

Get a call blocker and use it. It's not rocket science.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,145 times
OK, I have a current phone number for US pharmacy, they always pickup on this number.

US Pharmacy (213)204-8090

Just start bombarding them with calls and see how they like it!

Old 04-21-2017, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 847 times
These US Pharmacy calls cannot be blocked. They are never from the same phone number twice. I was getting 2 calls a week. It is slowed down to 2 calls every other week. Most if the phone numbers they use are a 1 time only number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or