U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 09:35 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,809,402 times

Advertisements

Interestingly, I just got THIS reply on the Toshiba forums, so it looks like I'm not the only one......

"Yes, I am suddenly having EXACTLY the same problem on my Toshiba 40L3400U as well, purchased new on 4/11/15.

"I routinely use YouTube without problem; then abruptly yesterday (11/14/2015, 11pm CT) I experienced the same symptoms:

"1. Go to home screen, click on YouTube button.

" 2. Screen goes dark for about 10 seconds, then -- instead of YouTube splash screen -- I get a white screen with message "Unable to load.... [followed by YouTube link]"

"3. Likewise, Pandora will not load. [N.B. -- I can't check Netflix, not a member.]

"4. I am getting a Strong signal on WiFi, and Network Connection Test confirms "Success!"

"5. All other devices in my household are accessing the Internet without problem via my modem/router.

"Here's what I tried, all without success:

"1. Unplug TV, wait 10 seconds, plug in and try again.

"2. Turn TV off and on... many, many times.

"3. Reset TV to factory settings, then reinstall WiFi by entering settings manually.

"4. Try to manually change DNS settings (I tried 8.8.8.8, per a similar problem on Samsung TV forum.)

"No luck. **I don't think it's your motherboard: it would be odd that yours and mine should fail simultaneously!**"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 05:26 AM

10,752 posts, read 18,001,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdc58 View Post
I'll pass on the Roku. It's a bit of a scam....having to give your credit card out to them just to use their product.
No idea what you're talking about, I have no credit card on file with them. And it's not even remotely a scam.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:24 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,809,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
No idea what you're talking about, I have no credit card on file with them. And it's not even remotely a scam.
In order to activate Roku, it now requires you to enter a credit card number. It may not have been that way when you got it, but it is now.

Regardless, that is irrelevant to the issue with my TV, so it is moot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics