U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2016, 04:52 PM

983 posts, read 786,456 times

Advertisements

Is it possible to stream the playoffs for free?

We do NOT have broadcast (antenna) tv. We've already looked into it. It is not available where we are, even with an antenna.

We do not have any form of paid tv (cable, dish tv, etc).

We do have a Roku. Is it possible to stream the playoffs through that? We would be willing to pay a bit if necessary, but would rather not.

We do get football through our phones - Verizon provides that for free to their wireless customers. Unfortunately, we can only do that for one phone at a time (2 of us in this family), and watching the games on a phone is kind of difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 06:09 PM

2,563 posts, read 2,871,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbythecat View Post
Is it possible to stream the playoffs for free?

We do NOT have broadcast (antenna) tv. We've already looked into it. It is not available where we are, even with an antenna.

We do not have any form of paid tv (cable, dish tv, etc).

We do have a Roku. Is it possible to stream the playoffs through that? We would be willing to pay a bit if necessary, but would rather not.

We do get football through our phones - Verizon provides that for free to their wireless customers. Unfortunately, we can only do that for one phone at a time (2 of us in this family), and watching the games on a phone is kind of difficult.
I didn't know that Verizon did that, but if they do and you have the right kind of TV setup, why not bounce the phone picture to your TV? I can do that with my phone or my IPad, but I never bother because I have a smart TV and an Apple TV and Amazon Prime.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:17 AM

11,815 posts, read 13,956,611 times
Verizon killed the ability to use a Chromecast to send the game to you TV in an update to NFL Mobile (or the NFL did...)

Old 01-11-2016, 09:55 AM

5,894 posts, read 4,415,601 times
I was able to cast the NFL Network broadcast from my iPad to my macbook pro using a program called Air Server. You can download a 7-day trial version for either PC or Mac. I simply hooked my laptop to the TV via HDMI, and it worked pretty well. There are some apps that won't allow you to do this, but I was able to achieve the game on big screen this way.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:21 PM

28,607 posts, read 40,588,688 times
My wife used to go to a European site that broadcast games in real time over the Internet. We would connect her laptop to the TV. Not the best picture, but we got to watch the games.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:44 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
30,829 posts, read 56,210,459 times
I watched part of the Seahawks game last Sunday on my Android, just used the NFL Mobile App.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or