U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 11:26 AM

11,319 posts, read 22,732,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
SFN TV and Playstation Vue are options for people seeking live TV channels. And of course Sling TV is your other option.

I pay $40 a month for Internet plus $13/month for Hulu, $8/month for Amazon Prime, and Netflix is free.
How is Netflix free?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 01:34 PM

245 posts, read 163,323 times
I cut the cable cord and I'm regretting it! I can't find the shows I am missing streaming anywhere...

Old 07-27-2016, 01:43 PM

392 posts, read 368,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
How is Netflix free?
Brother in Law added me as a user.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunFlower33 View Post
I cut the cable cord and I'm regretting it! I can't find the shows I am missing streaming anywhere...
What shows are you missing?

Old 07-27-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
What shows are you missing?

Crap.... LOL - but it's what I find entertaining. TLC, Bravo, FYI - for example, Sister Wives (current season, I've seen all the old ones that are on Hulu, Married at First Sight (new season started last night and I missed it). It's new/currently running stuff on cable channels that I'm missing - I found a GREAT antenna at Walmart for $15 and I have Prime, Netflix, Hulu and I just got Kodi (on my Fire Stick) - but I can't find some shows I'm missing.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Crap.... LOL - but it's what I find entertaining. TLC, Bravo, FYI - for example, Sister Wives (current season, I've seen all the old ones that are on Hulu, Married at First Sight (new season started last night and I missed it). It's new/currently running stuff on cable channels that I'm missing - I found a GREAT antenna at Walmart for $15 and I have Prime, Netflix, Hulu and I just got Kodi (on my Fire Stick) - but I can't find some shows I'm missing.
You can get live Bravo and TLC channels through Playstation Vue using your Fire TV stick for $29.99/month for their cheapest package. That comes with a cloud DVR. They have a 7 day free trial to check it out.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/

Getting PlayStation™Vue on Amazon Fire TV is easy. Once you’ve set up a PlayStation™Vue subscription - either online at www.psvue.com/plans or from a PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 3 console - download the application from the Amazon app store on your Fire TV device, and sign in using your PlayStation Network* account info. You’ll have instant access to your favorite content and PlayStation™Vue interface.
Don’t have a PlayStation™Vue subscription set up yet? Subscribe through your PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®3 system, or visit www.psvue.com/plans to set up a subscription online.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
You can get live Bravo and TLC channels through Playstation Vue using your Fire TV stick for $29.99/month for their cheapest package. That comes with a cloud DVR. They have a 7 day free trial to check it out.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/

Getting PlayStation™Vue on Amazon Fire TV is easy. Once you’ve set up a PlayStation™Vue subscription - either online at www.psvue.com/plans or from a PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 3 console - download the application from the Amazon app store on your Fire TV device, and sign in using your PlayStation Network* account info. You’ll have instant access to your favorite content and PlayStation™Vue interface.
Don’t have a PlayStation™Vue subscription set up yet? Subscribe through your PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®3 system, or visit www.psvue.com/plans to set up a subscription online.

This may be my answer! Thank you for taking the time to help me. Would I see the shows "live" or repeat next day or so like Hulu? I'll look into it when I get home to my tv/Fire Stick.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:16 PM

6,865 posts, read 9,539,779 times
Cord cutting news- DISH lost 321,000 subscribers, April-June qtr. Biggest loss ever reported.
Too many channels lost due to locals wanting more money for re-transmission rights and DISH won't pay.
Newsmax contract not renewed. NFL channel off air for over a month, another NFL wants more money dispute.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
This may be my answer! Thank you for taking the time to help me. Would I see the shows "live" or repeat next day or so like Hulu? I'll look into it when I get home to my tv/Fire Stick.
Live. The only Live streaming services out there at this time are SFN TV, Playstation VUE, and Sling TV.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:33 AM

11,815 posts, read 13,956,611 times
Glad this got bumped, I was going to start my own thread.
I just cut the cord a month or so ago.

Previous Cable TV + Internet bill: $165
Current bill: Internet $70 + Netflix $9 + Hulu $8 + Amazon around $9 + HBO Now $16 = $112
=More content then I have time to watch.
Probably dump HBO after watching GoT and save even more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics