Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 09:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,435 times

Advertisements

I have external speakers set to an old Bose Lifestyle III series 2 music system which works fine except when I want to watch an app like HBO or Netflix or etc. The sound will continue of what's on the "regular" station through the Smart TV speakers but nothing from the selected app through the Bose speakers. Note: I can watch the apps with the TV sound but not the Bose speakers.
Here's the set up. Samsung Smart TV un48h6350afxza, Bose Lifestyle III series 2 music system ,ATT Uverse ISB7500 BOX.
CONNECTIONS: Optical from TV to Box, HDMI TV to box, RCA audio out from box to Bose speaker in, Bose speaker out to speakers.
Please advise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 11:17 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,680,153 times
Off the top of my head, I'm wondering why you have an optical connection between the TV and the box.

Basically, you want to be listening to the television set, so the audio should be coming from the TV, not the box. I think if you just run the HDMI cable from the box to the TV and leave it at that, and then have the audio out coming from the TV, that might work.

Edit: I just saw this.

You may be experiencing issues with HDMI sources after updating the firmware on your TV to version 1430.

New firmware that corrects this issue has been released. If you would like to check for the update, open the menu on your TV and navigate to Support > Software Update > Update Now. The new firmware version is 1431.0

Last edited by John7777; 01-21-2016 at 11:55 PM..

Old 01-22-2016, 12:11 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,069,407 times
I have the same TV. I have ota antenna coax to 'ant in', DISH receiver HDMI to HDMI1, AV/receiver is ARC capable so have HDMI from receiver to HDMI2 [arc], DVD-R/VCR HDMI to HDMI3 for playback and coax from DISH receiver for record. I'm not using the 'smart' function at this time.
What ever device I use, using the correct 'input' on the TV remote is what produces the sound.
If your input is on TV or HDMI1, that's the sound you will receive. What input source are you using when the app is operating? Do you have the latest firmware? Click menu, support, software update to see what version you have. You can update with TV or go to Samsung.com Latest version is 2141.1 Nov 5, 2015
[btw- great choice for TV, even SD channels look great, had a Vizio for 3 weeks. It was a lemon with many problems. Extra money spent for Samsung was well worth it.]

Last edited by d4g4m; 01-22-2016 at 12:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics