Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2016, 11:34 AM

304 posts, read 394,523 times

Advertisements

Hi Group,

I bought a Magnavox MDR868H twin tuner HD DVR for Christmas, that I am still trying to figure out.

H-E-L-P !!!

1 - I cannot change channels with either the remote or with the buttons on the front of the unit(?)

2 - When setting it up for a Scheduled Recording, I cannot assign the channel that I want to record.
My only choices shown to me are the 'output ports' of L-1, L-2 or L2S. I use L-1 going into the TV.

3 - Shouldn't I be able to watch one channel, while recording another channel?

I DID a successful Auto Channel scan with the unit, with the Coaxial Cable coming out of the Wall, and going into the DVR.

It DIDN'T do a successful Auto Channel Scan when going into the Cable Box first, THEN going into the DVR. But this is the way the manual says to hook it up.

I was able to record something, but I had to leave my Cable Box on, and set to the channel that I wanted to record.

I have a brand new Vizio M43 C-1 UHDTV.

I have Charter Communications Cable service, here in Connecticut.

THIS IS NUTS!!!

For $400- his thing should be able to make toast for breakfast.
- I'm not happy.

Can anyone help me here!

Thanks in advance!

Irv in Connecticut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 10:54 AM

304 posts, read 394,523 times
Default HELP - PLEASE with that Magnavox 868H DVR...

Hi Group,

I posted some questions concerning this DVR yesterday (see Posts below this) on a new Magnavox 868H DVR.

This is the first DVR that I've ever owned and I need help with it!

Anyone with DVR experiance out there?

Thanks in advance!

Irv in Connecticut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics