Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2016, 09:46 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,259,685 times

Advertisements

I have a CenturyLink landline telephone with CenturyLink's "No Solicitation" feature. The "No Solicitation" feature allows me to program up to 25 telephone numbers that can 'ring through". If telephone numbers are not on the "white list", when the callers dial my telephone number, they get a recording that tells them that we do not accept solicitation and to hang up. If they are not a solicitor, to press "1". When the caller presses "1", then all the telephones ring in my house.

So, when a telemarketer attempts to call, I never hear the telephone ring in my house. Only after the telephone call is screened, then all the telephones ring in my house. This is a very effective system. We used to get 2 telemarketing calls per night, with additional telemarketing calls during the daytime hours. After turning on the "No Solicitation" feature, we received 1 or 2 telemarketing calls, that went past the call screening, in the past 3 years. So, the call screening is very effective. This type of call screening should be a feature of all landline phones and cell phones. The only downside to the "No Solicitation" feature is that I have to pay for the very expensive "CenturyLink" landline telephone service to have the "No Solicitation" feature.

Does anyone know if there is a hardware version of a telemarketing screener that works the same way? No ringing is heard in the house until after the call has been screened. No screened telemarketing calls ever ring the telephones in the home. However, after a call is screened, the call screening device should ring all the telephones in the house, and pass on the CallerID information to all the telephones.

I have seen many telemarketer call screeners for sale. They all seem to have downsides. They only ring at one location, where the call screener is located. I think the ringing sound is also heard when the telemarketers attempt to call, before they are screened out. Each telephone number has to be blocked one-by-one. The ringing sound can only be heard in a small area of the home. The CallerID information isn't passed to the telephone extensions, and is only visible on the call screening device.

Is there a hardware telephone call screener that never rings on the screened calls, rings on all the telephone extensions, and passes the CallerID information to all the telephone extensions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics