U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 04:48 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,768,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineAA View Post

Is there such a thing as a person for hire that does these things for you? I mean, can I walk into Best Buy and purchase a smartwatch and then pay them extra to set it up for me? That would be sweet.
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 02:26 AM

1 posts, read 583 times
Default Agreed

Absolutely right.
If you don't have time to manage your devices because you're continuously bringing in strategies or researching in science..then maybe you need..otherwise you can do the following:

1.All the companies have instruction manual in the box. That makes it easier for DIY...
2.Or simply go for watches by newbies like TeknoAVR or even Huawei..

The watches that these companies make are absolutely easy and simple to use.
I have one from TeknoAVR , its called HiTime 2. Its fabulous.
you can check out Youtube for the same

Last edited by Ashleytechie18; 04-23-2016 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: missed out on important content.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:07 AM

680 posts, read 1,040,131 times
LOL, I'm thinking about going back to a flip phone. Getting sick of HAVING to agree to the crazy terms and conditions and lack of privacy policies.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:32 PM

8,685 posts, read 6,582,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
LOL, I'm thinking about going back to a flip phone. Getting sick of HAVING to agree to the crazy terms and conditions and lack of privacy policies.
you know you can turn off the data, right?

Old 05-24-2016, 08:37 AM

11,815 posts, read 13,956,611 times
And how many times a week are you asked to agree to TERMS & CONDITIONS? Enough to make you want to go back to a dumb phone? Exaggerate much?

Old 05-24-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
And how many times a week are you asked to agree to TERMS & CONDITIONS? Enough to make you want to go back to a dumb phone? Exaggerate much?
If you don't install any new apps you don't have to agree to anything. If you don't use data you don't have to agree to anything, the only thing in and out are phone calls and text messages. And you still would have a point and shoot camera in your pocket better than any $200 model of 10 years ago from Canon or Polaroid. And a calculator, and an alarm clock, and a stop watch, and a notebook, and a calendar, and and and...

Old 05-24-2016, 10:08 AM

1,168 posts, read 826,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
If you don't install any new apps you don't have to agree to anything. If you don't use data you don't have to agree to anything, the only thing in and out are phone calls and text messages. And you still would have a point and shoot camera in your pocket better than any $200 model of 10 years ago from Canon or Polaroid. And a calculator, and an alarm clock, and a stop watch, and a notebook, and a calendar, and and and...
And a tracking device that reports your every move.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:46 AM

11,815 posts, read 13,956,611 times
Paranoid much?

A) IF you let it, sure.
B) And WHO is tracking you, Mr Paranoid? Google? That's actually a cool feature if you'd take off the tin foil hat and try it.
"Ok Google, Navigate home" *Navigating....
"Ok Google, show me hardware stores near me" *Ba-ding, here you go....
Phone to me: "You have an appointment in Scottsdale in 20 minutes. Traffic is heavy, you should leave 10 minutes early."

Google uses this info to help you. It's true. It's not nefarious. Google MAY share this info with 3rd party advertisers AFTER IT ANONYMIZES THE DATA so no personal info is handed to 3rd parties.
Google does not share this info with Law Enforcement.

Of course, as I said in A, you can turn ALL THIS OFF if it really scares you...

Old 05-24-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
And a tracking device that reports your every move.
please don't tell us you've reproduced

Old 05-24-2016, 01:46 PM

1,168 posts, read 826,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
please don't tell us you've reproduced
Of course I have kids. Paranoid, no Knowledgeable. Yes. I WROTE much of the software that does it.
Now if you think that datalogging your every move and desire is OK, then just go ahead and keep it up. As the quote goes.
"If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him."
Data is power. But not yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or