Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 12:56 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,706,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
Of course I have kids. Paranoid, no Knowledgeable. Yes. I WROTE much of the software that does it.
Now if you think that datalogging your every move and desire is OK, then just go ahead and keep it up. As the quote goes.
"If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him."
Data is power. But not yours.
So you're telling us you wrote the android OS? OK Al Gore. Android is open source java and anyone can look at the code for themselves.

Big picture - without data enabled, any GPS co-ordinate history isn't going anywhere. You'll have triangulation but that's the case with all cell phones, flip phones included. GPS is easily disabled through the OS and you can even do it physically by disconnecting the hardware if you're that worried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 01:12 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,225,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
So you're telling us you wrote the android OS? OK Al Gore. Android is open source java and anyone can look at the code for themselves.

Big picture - without data enabled, any GPS co-ordinate history isn't going anywhere. You'll have triangulation but that's the case with all cell phones, flip phones included. GPS is easily disabled through the OS and you can even do it physically by disconnecting the hardware if you're that worried.

What makes you think that? Because you were told? And who said anything about android. Anyhow get yourself a RF spectrum analyzer and take a look at the packet data that is leaving your phone when you make a call.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
What makes you think that? Because you were told? And who said anything about android. Anyhow get yourself a RF spectrum analyzer and take a look at the packet data that is leaving your phone when you make a call.
Don't be so paranoid, you'll live a longer and happier life. This is what I tell everyone and obviously applies to me: you're not that important. Nobody is secretly tracking you or trying to control you. And if someone wanted to track me? Go ahead, who cares. The only sure thing in life is that within ~100 years of your birth you'll be dead. Might as well live well instead of fearing the inevitable

Old 05-24-2016, 07:08 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,225,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Don't be so paranoid, you'll live a longer and happier life. This is what I tell everyone and obviously applies to me: you're not that important. Nobody is secretly tracking you or trying to control you. And if someone wanted to track me? Go ahead, who cares. The only sure thing in life is that within ~100 years of your birth you'll be dead. Might as well live well instead of fearing the inevitable

Here you go again thinking that you know what Im thinking..... I have no fear. Anyhow. You SHOULD care. And the problem is not the government. Its the Lawyers..... 10 years from now your wife is going to divorce you and take everything because her lawyer bought your online data and phone & text meta data or it will be your boss at your Job either using it as an excuse to fire you or extort you into something you dont want to do. They will put together a convincing story of your guilt whether you are guilty or not.

Like I said. Data is a powerful tool.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Here you go again thinking that you know what Im thinking..... I have no fear. Anyhow. You SHOULD care. And the problem is not the government. Its the Lawyers..... 10 years from now your wife is going to divorce you and take everything because her lawyer bought your online data and phone & text meta data or it will be your boss at your Job either using it as an excuse to fire you or extort you into something you dont want to do. They will put together a convincing story of your guilt whether you are guilty or not.

Like I said. Data is a powerful tool.

so the illegally recorded secret backdoor data that's in violation of the multi-billion dollar multi-national national mobile carrier's user agreement is suddenly going to appear and be available to your ex-wife and current employer

ok there buddy, whatever you say.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:32 AM

16,541 posts, read 19,668,514 times
LOL Right on. I work at a law firm, geez, I need to tell my lawyers that this information is available to us. All we really do now is look at people Facebook profiles...

Oh, and you lost all credibility with me telling us that an RF Analzyer is going to tell you anything of substance re: cellular phone calls...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics