Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2015, 10:56 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,059,347 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of CWD (Custom Woodwork & Design) stereo cabinets making a come-back? I read that in 2011 the company was going to return to the market, but can't find anything since. The ones I have are really beautifully made, but I would like information on updating, etc, and I can't find anything about whether they are still in business (which probably means that they aren't.) But if anyone knows, I would appreciate the insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 04:18 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,656,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Has anyone heard of CWD (Custom Woodwork & Design) stereo cabinets making a come-back? I read that in 2011 the company was going to return to the market, but can't find anything since. The ones I have are really beautifully made, but I would like information on updating, etc, and I can't find anything about whether they are still in business (which probably means that they aren't.) But if anyone knows, I would appreciate the insight.
I just looked and found the same thing. They were going to make a comeback in 2011, but nothing since. Why not go with something else? There are tons of companies out there that would like to take your money. Maybe not the same design, but I like stereo furniture make my Solid Tech. I think it comes from Scandinavia.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:20 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,059,347 times
Interesting suggestion. I'm not really looking for new ones at this point, but possibly something to replace a drawer designed for cassette tapes. The Solid Tech is certainly interesting, but not attractive to me. I prefer the closed look - less to dust.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,892 times
Default CWD Audio Furniture

Also heard the company was restarting but haven't found out anything . I will
check on it in Jan 2017 when I go to the CES show.

In the meantime I have for sale 7-1/2' wide x 6' CWD (Solid Walnut )Cabinet Set FOR SALE
It is comprised of 3 stacks. Left to right

Stack 1- 24" wide Top 42" H w/ smoked glass doors & 5 shelves
Bottom 30"H w/ wood doors & 1 shelve
Stack 2- 30" wide Top 20"H / open
Middle 30"wide / open
Bottom 20"H w/wood doors
Also have extra =2 -30"shelves and 2 walnut CD storage drawers
Stack 3 Top 42" w/smoked glass doors & 5 shelves
Bottom 30"H w/ wood doors & 1 shelve
There are also 2-24"shelves being used to space the 42"shelves on top of the 30"shelves for perfect
alignment with the middle cabinets.
I have a 72" custom bottom frame to align all cabinet columns & currently 8 wheels for movement.
Am I thorough or what? Also have the original 8 threaded pedestals with nylon feet if you don't want the
cabinet moveable.
Last but not least I have the original 8 outlet power strip(metal case) with the separately lit (metal case)
main off/on switch to turn all components off at once.
The back of all cabinets have a factory cutout in them to facilitate connect components with ease.
The cabinets are (SOLID) WALNUT and are beautiful with the bronzed glass.
The shelves are MDF with Walnut
Want to know how much walnut cost these days? A 4x8' sheet 1/42" with a paper back is $599.00
These cabinets are 3/4" thick This complete system cost me $6000 in 1980.
If someone wants a "REAL" stereo cabinet for your cherished audio system and not a poser with particle board and 1/32" wood laminate call me.

Last edited by Dave schnell; 04-26-2016 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: left out something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics