Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 06:27 PM

70 posts, read 65,174 times

Advertisements

Just transferred from Apple to Android. Feeling good about it but i still hear people going back and forth about whois better than who?!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 06:56 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Hopefully never. The reason people debate over which is the better device is because they are both so good that there is no clear winner. This is good for consumers because we get better features and better pricing due to the competition.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:58 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
Agree with Lycos. Please don't ever end. People DO, however, need to not a) get all upset about other people's choices B) feel all superior to someone else...because you have a Galaxy or an iPhone.
Friendly discussion that doesn't involve into "iPhones just suck" is never helpful.

Moderator cut: Off Topic Comment

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 09-02-2016 at 12:15 PM..

Old 09-02-2016, 09:44 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Have both. IMPOV it comes down to battery longevity. The way Apple uses it's batteries make them last for years. I still have the original first generation ipad and it still charges up and holds a charge nearly the same way it five years ago. My Apple phone can sit for days and not need a charge, yet when I had my Samsung it wanted to be charged by the end of the day. I also have ipods and their battery longevity is the same. Even though I have upgraded all due to technology changes, I still have the originals. When it comes to my Android devices, their lives ended within around two years and got to meet my drill press.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:56 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Have both.
Yup. We're an Apple/Android family and while I prefer the Android, I'm impressed at the durability of Apple products. I like my Galaxy but after a year and a half it's takes a factory reset or two to keep the thing running. However, I love being able to use memory cards in the Samsung.

The battle will go on.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:03 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Have both. IMPOV it comes down to battery longevity. The way Apple uses it's batteries make them last for years. I still have the original first generation ipad and it still charges up and holds a charge nearly the same way it five years ago. My Apple phone can sit for days and not need a charge, yet when I had my Samsung it wanted to be charged by the end of the day. I also have ipods and their battery longevity is the same. Even though I have upgraded all due to technology changes, I still have the originals. When it comes to my Android devices, their lives ended within around two years and got to meet my drill press.
Let's see.
Apple just forced an update on my 6 month old ipad that bricked it and then refused to take any responsibility for it when we went to our 'Genius' appointment. When I went online, I found out this is their M.O. and it's happened to lots of people.

Eff Apple. I've hated them since the 1980s and they never do anything but continue to disappoint.
Plus my wife has the 6 and I'm not impressed. Even stupid stuff like the stock gallery app not really having any editing functions. How lame is that?

I'll say one thing, though. My wife's phones (all Apple) have run less glitchy in the long run than my Androids. But to be fair, she doesn't really DO anything with them.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:12 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Let's see.
Apple just forced an update on my 6 month old ipad that bricked it and then refused to take any responsibility for it when we went to our 'Genius' appointment. When I went online, I found out this is their M.O. and it's happened to lots of people.

Eff Apple. I've hated them since the 1980s and they never do anything but continue to disappoint.
Plus my wife has the 6 and I'm not impressed. Even stupid stuff like the stock gallery app not really having any editing functions. How lame is that?

I'll say one thing, though. My wife's phones (all Apple) have run less glitchy in the long run than my Androids. But to be fair, she doesn't really DO anything with them.
Both Apple and Samsung had problems with their patches a few months ago. Apple was the 9.3 and Samsung was the 6.0.1. Sorry to tell you but patches the fubar a system in some way is pretty normal in the technology world (just look for all the threads related to Win8 and Win8.1 but rare for a Apple OS). As to dealing with the problem with Apple, I found AppleCare to be stellar in dealing with the situation even though it took a few days to do so. Apple did one things others never did, continuously call back with new information to attempt to correct the problem until the problem was corrected. Within a few days our ipads were up and running again. Our iphones were un-effected.

1980s? These devices didn't exist then.

stock gallery app? Its a Android App.

But to be fair, all I brought up was the battery. Your rant really had nothing to do with my post except to rant against Apple devices in general.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:19 AM

1,914 posts, read 2,243,403 times
Should there only be one type of car, one type of food, one type of house, one style of clothing, etc., etc.? Who would get to choose the one item in every category that was allowed to exist? What if it wasn't the one you liked?

People like choices. Innovation fuels progress. Life gets better.

Choose the product that serves your needs best and don't worry about what someone else chooses. Other people's choices are not a comment on your life or your choices. You don't need their approval, and you don't owe them an explanation.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:46 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
The vendors may change, but I don't think the spirit of the debate will. Android is more tech oriented, Apple more ease of use, less open, "safer."

There will probably always be companies championing either side.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:56 PM

997 posts, read 937,105 times
I like them both. If I have one, I miss the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics