U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2016, 10:45 AM

28,033 posts, read 16,325,621 times

Advertisements

I've had two Fitbit Flex trackers in the last year. The first got lost when the authentic band fell off somehow. I got a replacement in June and it has been plagued by battery issues and won't hold a charge for more than three days with no all day sync set. My tracker also won't let me know when it needs to be charged. My brother had shopping issues with customer service so I want to try and find a new tracker. Which companies put out pretty good trackers similar to the flex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 11:33 AM

11,825 posts, read 13,964,257 times
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into..._BshoC3GXw_wcB

Old 10-14-2016, 09:01 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
30,858 posts, read 56,242,556 times
I went for the Fitbit Zip. I didn't want to have to wear a bracelet all the time, and this just stays in my pocket. It's not rechargable, and the batteries cost $7 every 6 months, but I was able to find them on Ebay with free shipping 5 for $4, same brand as in the stores. Never had a problem with it.My wife is on her 3rd free replacement Flex.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:09 AM

93 posts, read 70,933 times
Agree with the Vivofit 2. Don't get the 3. I have the 3 now and the 2 is far better.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:32 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,312,971 times
I like my Nike SportWatch but I don't think they make them anymore. It doesn't count steps but it does a good job counting miles that you run using GPS or a shoe pod. My wife has enjoyed her Fitbit Charge HR, but hasn't been wearing it as much lately. I used a phone app to count the steps once but it was killing my phone battery.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:36 AM

701 posts, read 994,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I went for the Fitbit Zip. I didn't want to have to wear a bracelet all the time, and this just stays in my pocket. It's not rechargable, and the batteries cost $7 every 6 months, but I was able to find them on Ebay with free shipping 5 for $4, same brand as in the stores. Never had a problem with it.My wife is on her 3rd free replacement Flex.
I should have used it that way too - in my pocket. Instead of clipped to my belt.

My wife gave me this Fitbit Zip. I clipped it on my belt everyday. Worked great! Kept track of everything. And synced with the phone app. Excellent!

Until it popped out of the rubber jacket/enclosure. I didn't know where. Luckily, I found the unit in the garage floor about 3 days later. I remember thinking: "Maybe this rubber jacket probably gets flimsy with age ....? I'd better glue the thing in one day ...."

Of course, I didn't glue it in. A week later, it was gone. Must have popped out again. Haven't found it.

I'm back to using my old Mio Heart Monitor watch (model 09042 DM). No app. Does not connect to a smartphone. Just keeps track of steps, calories, minutes, etc... basic stuff. Plus it has that heart monitor, which proved quite accurate when tested at my doctor's office equipment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1P5vqkmS_s

But it's not waterproof and it can't monitor your heart rate when it's wet.

Also downloaded the free app, "Map My Run", which works great too. But needs to use the GPS on the smartphone to measure distance.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:47 AM

11,319 posts, read 17,868,522 times
I like the Fitbit zip, because I have zero interest in wearing something on my wrist every day. I'm on my second one - the last one was stolen by my cat -- and each zip has had to have the case replaced. Fitbit replaced the clip for free each time, though they make you email them back and forth a couple times and tell you it's out of warranty. It's a well-made product with a poorly made clip. I wear it clipped to my bra where nobody can see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics