U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 06:04 PM

10,167 posts, read 10,486,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ground_pounder View Post
anyone wondering about directv now online streaming. run like hell from it.
DIRECTTV NOW sounded too good to be true at that price range. Still it's a good option for people who want to watch TV on a tablet and travel a lot. I am wondering about the much more expensive LAYER3. I would love to hear from someone who bought that service.

https://layer3tv.com/technology
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 02:08 PM

1,080 posts, read 829,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
Then think about a new ISP if you have the choice.
i can stream hulu netflix sxm youtube all day long with no issues. it's something on there end

Old 01-11-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
DIRECTTV NOW sounded too good to be true at that price range. Still it's a good option for people who want to watch TV on a tablet and travel a lot. I am wondering about the much more expensive LAYER3. I would love to hear from someone who bought that service.

https://layer3tv.com/technology
layer 3 tv packages start at 79.00 a month and go up. that's not including things like HBO and showtime!!! you don't own the box you lease and when your done with it you send it back to them. the DVR records 400 hours of HD programming and records 8 shows at once max. the good thing about layer 3 tv is that unlike directv now wich runs of a public network they use there own private network..
directv now is the biggest joke when price point comes in and customer service. i would not pay for directv now. why should i i can log into my TWC acct and stream live T.V. when i travel. and i just can't justify 60 dollars a month for 100 channels

Old 01-11-2017, 02:41 PM

2,896 posts, read 1,701,905 times
Quote:
i can stream hulu netflix sxm youtube all day long with no issues. it's something on there end
Then that settles it, no? Good observation. Exonerate your ISP...

Old 01-11-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
Then that settles it, no? Good observation. Exonerate your ISP...
my isp is fine after chatting with directv now they finally admitted there having problems. you should do a google search i'm not the only one with these issues.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:06 PM

2,896 posts, read 1,701,905 times
Ground pounder, go pound ground. I was just trying to help, based on your incomplete information. Your suggestion that I should do a google search is pure BS, since I do not even use directtv. It's responses like yours that make me avoid these forums more and more, since there's all too little thanks for the attempts at help and all too many critiques for getting it wron, based on insufficient information by posters.

Geesh, ingrates.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:13 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,481,439 times
I can't speak for Directv now, since I was not able to play it on my Roku or Android tablet. But I can play Netflix and Sling TV on these devices at only 15 Mbps internet speeds, as long as I'm not doing much else at the same time.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:37 AM

1,952 posts, read 893,130 times
Have you tried these suggestions? https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us...es-on-Apple-TV. The problem may not be your internet but the app itself. If you can view fine on a computer or tablet on the same network but not on the tv itself then I would look at the app or device as the issue.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:52 AM

10,167 posts, read 10,486,953 times
Quote:
i would not pay for directv now. why should i i can log into my TWC acct and stream live T.V. when i travel. and i just can't justify 60 dollars a month for 100 channels
AT&T has tried to assure their stockholders that Direct TV Now customers will primarily come from people who have no television at present, and will not be popular as an option or as a replacement for current TV cable customers.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:01 PM

224 posts, read 142,294 times
Anyone not going to renew? I will gladly take it over. Pm me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or