Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 02:41 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,190,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbondone View Post
Anyone not going to renew? I will gladly take it over. Pm me
now why would you want to do a thing like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 07:39 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,010,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ground_pounder View Post
now why would you want to do a thing like that?
He probably wants the permanent grandfathered lower price they said they'd honor for the people that signed up early. IE: The beta-testers, lol

Old 03-23-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
He probably wants the permanent grandfathered lower price they said they'd honor for the people that signed up early. IE: The beta-testers, lol
Hell he could have had my acct. i bet that he does want the 35.00 deal for the 100 plus channels!!! i'll inform the OP that it's not worth it trust me. with VOD breaking up freezing up and not being able to load videos and the same with channels. get a netflix acct and a hulu acct you'll be much better off. unless the OP enjoys swearing at the t.v.. and to inform the OP they try there dammist NOT to give refunds if your service is NOT working screw att

Old 03-23-2017, 02:13 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,010,170 times
Quote:
Hell he could have had my acct. i bet that he does want the 35.00 deal for the 100 plus channels!!! i'll inform the OP that it's not worth it trust me. with VOD breaking up freezing up and not being able to load videos and the same with channels. get a netflix acct and a hulu acct you'll be much better off. unless the OP enjoys swearing at the t.v.. and to inform the OP they try there dammist NOT to give refunds if your service is NOT working screw att

I agree with you. I've been checking out all my options for a while, because Charter/Spectrum just jacked me $40 a month, when they were already overpriced by $30. I switched last year from Dish Network who become too pricey also. I heard from nearly everybody that Directv Now really sucks.

Looks like I'll be going with a FireTv BOX (Roku doesn't have a guide for this), and Ps Vue, along with OTA tv as I have a lifetime Tivo Roamio. All depending, if the new "Hulu Live" is a better deal, I might go that way.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:52 AM

252 posts, read 419,643 times
Just finished a 7 day trial with Directv Now. Was very impressed. Didn't notice any issues. Ran it on a Fire TV box and my Apple TV 4.

PS Vue was equally as good.

If anyone has a grandfathered $35/month promo account that they don't want, please PM me

Old 03-29-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman140 View Post
Just finished a 7 day trial with Directv Now. Was very impressed. Didn't notice any issues. Ran it on a Fire TV box and my Apple TV 4.

PS Vue was equally as good.

If anyone has a grandfathered $35/month promo account that they don't want, please PM me
and why should one give you there grandfarthered in acct when they can just write a complaint to the fcc and demand there money back id'e take the refund before i gave my acct away

Old 03-29-2017, 02:54 PM

252 posts, read 419,643 times
Quote:
and why should one give you there grandfarthered in acct when they can just write a complaint to the fcc and demand there money back id'e take the refund before i gave my acct away
Don't be so bitter just because it didn't work out for you.

And...I never asked to be GIVEN anything.

Good luck getting your money back.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:42 PM

16,537 posts, read 19,662,926 times
Why would the FCC refund money you paid to DirecTV?

Old 03-30-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Why would the FCC refund money you paid to DirecTV?
i filed a complaint with the fcc explaining the situation and they sent the complaint to the presidents office. and i got a call back from someone there and i explained my situation and told them all of the problems i was having. i got my refund by 9 am the next morning. dont even think about asking for a refund in chat they will tell you there's no way for them to refund your money

Old 03-30-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman140 View Post
Don't be so bitter just because it didn't work out for you.

And...I never asked to be GIVEN anything.

Good luck getting your money back.
i got my money back by 9 am the next morning after filing the complaint. yea it never worked for me no matter what i watched it on maybe they rolled out more updated and it does work now. i think they released it to soon they should have made sure that it was up and running and was stable before they released it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics