U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 03:47 PM

1,080 posts, read 830,588 times

Advertisements

anyone wondering about directv now online streaming. run like hell from it. the videos are always taking forever to load with idiot messages stating hmmm this video is taking longer to load thank you for your patients they freeze up pixelize. the service just outright sucks there is also no phone support only chat. i have been hearing there fixing the problems for a month and nothing

after having the service since the 29th and having freezing and loading issues trying to demand a refund and they say that theres no way they can refund your money even after offering to return the so called apple tv back. its a complete rip off

Last edited by ground_pounder; 01-06-2017 at 05:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 10:13 PM

11,849 posts, read 13,976,351 times
I had it for 3 months and didn't have those issues. What's your internet speed? Provider? Other users in the house?

Old 01-07-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I had it for 3 months and didn't have those issues. What's your internet speed? Provider? Other users in the house?
isp is TWC my DL speeds are 118 mbps and 27 mbps ul no other users in the house. i called my credit card company and reported them as fraud because i wasn't getting what i paid for and them telling me that there's no way for them to refund my money. funny after that happened i got a mngr in chat that talked to me and he told me about an upcoming update and he said that TWC'S speeds were all over the place from 8 megs to 1 meg. but needless to say i cancelled it because i am having to fight with them about a refund and there is no phone support and after finding out what a bunch of mother ****ers AT&T is at unlocking paid off phones i don't want anything to do with AT&T!!!

Old 01-08-2017, 04:35 PM

2,906 posts, read 1,707,067 times
Wifi or direct connection? If wifi do a speedtest AT THE SAME LOCATION with your computer or tablet. Chances are you're on a channel with tons of interference from other pop.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:26 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,289,639 times
i did the trial and i have 100/10 hardwire on win 10 and it does buffer alot at times. I notice it works find during morning and mid afternoon, but prime time hours are horrible. Sling does buffer a little but not that bad. My kodi that i get live streams from doesnt have these kinda issues. Support is sad, chat only.. But for what we pay for, i can see why the support is limited. Kinda like here are some of your favorit channels that you want to stream, but forget about support. What i dont get is, if they can Al-carte these channels for 30 a month, WTH they cant do it on regular tv services.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:15 AM

your pattern of prime time vs other hours could be lack of downstream capacity or wifi interference if you are using wifi.

Used to have a problem streaming anything into my tv room over wifi. Diagnosed it and it was wifi interference. Put in a powerline internet line to the room, fed that to an access point, because some of my hardware did not have an ethernet connection. Problem went away because the AP completely overwhelmed the interfering APs.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
Wifi or direct connection? If wifi do a speedtest AT THE SAME LOCATION with your computer or tablet. Chances are you're on a channel with tons of interference from other pop.
it's connected with an ethernet cable. i would not use wifi as thats a slower connection

Old 01-09-2017, 12:42 PM

Sounds like ISP congestion, then, an all too common problem. Who is your ISP? Have you complained to them yet?

Old 01-09-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
Sounds like ISP congestion, then, an all too common problem. Who is your ISP? Have you complained to them yet?
spectrum and all they do is have me run a speed test and they tell me that i'm fine after it comes back giving me higher speeds than i am paying for

Old 01-09-2017, 02:52 PM

Then think about a new ISP if you have the choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or