U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 11:07 PM

13,801 posts, read 9,302,890 times

Advertisements

I get my TVs from Costco, 90 day return replace and 2 year additional warranty Costco uses another 3rd party for warranty.

Best Buy is the the Worst place to buy electronics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 05:32 PM

133 posts, read 66,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

Not only that. It seems they gave him a 50 inch when the model is clearly for 60 inch? UN60 - that's usually the size screen of your TV.

You have been bamboozled by best buy. What actually is the problem anyway, OP. I find it hard to believe that Samsung won't help you though. I mostly use their live chat. They always give me RMA right away. That was for my phone.

We bought our Samsung TV on best buy too with the right screen size based on their model number thank goodness. I know coz I checked. Still working more than a year later.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:37 PM

21,552 posts, read 24,693,354 times
My series 8000 Samsung TV died at 14 months. I have a CC that adds an additional year to the warranty. Contacted the CC, took the TV to a repair shop, the repair shop told them it was $1100 to repair, the CC sent me a check and I went out and purchased a Toshiba. This is one of three failures I've had with Samsung products. The other two are the exploding battery and the killer washing machine. I think I'm done with Samsung products at this point.

fwiw I already know of two people who's S6 magically reset itself (and these are techies). And no it wan't the pass code.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:56 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,725,653 times
contact the consumer person from a local TV station if you get no help. They seem to get results faster than the consumer does. they helped us here with our fios switch to frontier with issues

Old 03-23-2017, 12:08 PM

25,407 posts, read 11,265,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I get my TVs from Costco, 90 day return replace and 2 year additional warranty Costco uses another 3rd party for warranty.

On the other hand, at Costco I couldn't get a large screen delivered and set up.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:08 PM

28,643 posts, read 40,622,302 times
We could. Ours was delivered (ordered online), and the delivery woman offered to help do it. In fact, you can buy a white glove delivery where they bring it in and do it all.

Where is your Costco?

Old 03-27-2017, 05:42 PM

25,407 posts, read 11,265,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
We could. Ours was delivered (ordered online), and the delivery woman offered to help do it. In fact, you can buy a white glove delivery where they bring it in and do it all.

Where is your Costco?
Colorado Spring, and I specifically asked if there was such a service.

But, I got the identical television for less at Best Buy.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:33 PM

9,975 posts, read 7,587,935 times
FYI.. Calls to 1-800-SAMSUNG go to their call center in Mauldin, SC.

Any authorized service center can check warranty status. So, if the location that gguerra gave is, in fact an authorized service center, you can take the TV there and they can do the repair under warranty and submit the claim back to Samsung.

One note.. Registering your product through Samsung will grant a 3-month extension of the warranty. So, if it's a 1 year warranty, you get 15 months. Plus, the warranty starts when you register.. If you do NOT register the product, then the warranty starts on the date of manufacture. If you keep your proof of purchase (receipt) then they'll honor that, but..

I can say that their products seemed to be crap for the 3 months I worked there.. Job between jobs.. It was awful. Don't think that calling them gets you anything you can't find on your own. Look at Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US, and the support options there are the same available to the people on the phone. You can even setup service through the website..

Samsung

So.. In all honesty.. There's pretty much zero reason to call them.

As I recall.. Back in 2011 or so when I was there.. Any TV over 32" is eligible for in-home service.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:54 PM

28,643 posts, read 40,622,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Colorado Spring, and I specifically asked if there was such a service.

But, I got the identical television for less at Best Buy.

Interesting. And excellent that you saved some money.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:56 PM

21,552 posts, read 24,693,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

As I recall.. Back in 2011 or so when I was there.. Any TV over 32" is eligible for in-home service.
Problem for the OP is that there is no provider within their mileage circle to do the in-home service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or