Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 08:23 AM

683 posts, read 464,866 times

Advertisements

Bought a brand new Samsung at Best Buy October 2016. Model: UN60KU6300FXZA. We purchased it at Best Buy, but did not buy their warranty because we thought we were under Samsung Warranty for one year. Turns out there is NO Samsung dealer in our area (Hilton Head SC) ....so we are at a loss. They keep telling us they will call us back with a solution....but keep jerking us around.

We paid almost $1000 for this 50 inch TV and it died less than 6 months old.

Any thoughts on our next steps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 09:39 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
These people are supposedly authorized. I live in Texas so couldn't tell you personally.

Hilton Head TV Repair
32 Malphrus Rd, Bluffton, SC 29910
(843) 941-4891

or

Samsung Service Repair Centers

or

If that don't work...
Call Samsung directly.
1-800-SAMSUNG
1-800-726-7864

By the way, all found through google

Best Buy is notorious for this.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,239,359 times
Uh, Samsung products sold through Best Buy DO have the full manufacturers warranty. They are an authorized seller for Samsung. Take it back to the store with your receipt. It makes no difference if you didn't buy their extended warranty.

http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/itddealers.html

Old 03-20-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Uh, Samsung products sold through Best Buy DO have the full manufacturers warranty. They are an authorized seller for Samsung. Take it back to the store with your receipt. It makes no difference if you didn't buy their extended warranty.

Samsung Authorized ETD Dealers
I know from experience that Best Buy will only honor warranties in store for 14 days. After that you have to deal with the manufacturer. I recently bought 2 samsung TV's and that is what they told me. After the two weeks, call samsung or an authorized repair center.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:15 AM

683 posts, read 464,866 times
Samsung IS the one giving us the run around. Thanks for the Hilton Head TV repair person....but I don't want to pay for it. I shouldn't right? Not on a 6 month old TV. If I don't get satisfaction from Samsung, I'll bring the issue to Best buy.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:13 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Then Facebook, instagram, etc. Embarrass Samsung online. Someone in their company will see it.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:59 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,192,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsaz View Post
Bought a brand new Samsung at Best Buy October 2016. Model: UN60KU6300FXZA. We purchased it at Best Buy, but did not buy their warranty because we thought we were under Samsung Warranty for one year. Turns out there is NO Samsung dealer in our area (Hilton Head SC) ....so we are at a loss. They keep telling us they will call us back with a solution....but keep jerking us around.

this is why i won't buy samjunk or life's garbage products try getting them fixed. and like you said there customer support is not much help. heck they can barley understand english. bought that crap never again!!!

Old 03-20-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Samsung IS the one giving us the run around. Thanks for the Hilton Head TV repair person....but I don't want to pay for it. I shouldn't right? Not on a 6 month old TV. If I don't get satisfaction from Samsung, I'll bring the issue to Best buy.
The standard warranty is a "1 year manufacturers warranty". You will not pay if it is an authorized repair center, otherwise you would could take it anywhere and pay just like if it was out of warranty. That is the way it works and it has always been like that. Honoring the warranty is another matter. Yes they could give you the runaround but so could anyone. BTW, all TV's break and Samsung is one of the highest rated TV's out regardless of other comments.

What is the problem with the TV? It may be a simple problem with an easy fix.

http://www.samsung.com/levant/support/warranty/

Old 03-21-2017, 08:04 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:

If you paid by Credit Card, call them and see if they can intervene. For example they can put a freeze on BB, which usually gets one a response pretty quickly. Also if your CC offers warranty service as part of your CC service (doubles mnf warranty), you may be able to put in a claim to get it covered as a out of warranty issue.

Per the Samsung website, you have onsite service. But if there is no local service center, then you will have to drive it there.

FWIW: Even if you had purchased BBs warranty, they still would have done nothing to help you while the mnf warranty is still active.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:15 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Call and see if the following can give you a suggestion of what to do:

USSI - United Service Source, Inc.

Authorized Service Center
9145 Ellis Road
Melbourne, FL 32904
Phone: 321-953-5294
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics