U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2017, 12:32 PM

246 posts, read 154,197 times

Advertisements

I am looking into buying outdoor home security camera system. I want wired, best picture quality and record locally.

What do you all recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 04:23 PM

5,375 posts, read 11,287,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartdurhamnc View Post
outdoor home security camera system.
I want wired, best picture quality and record locally. What do you all recommend?

Best thing is to read up what kind of cameras there are available.
There are several types (daylight, night vision, colour OK or not, sharpness), so find out and then decide which type you think is the best for the price.
Next, the recorder. What do the reviews say.
Record 24/7 or only when motion activated ?
Does the *system* allow you to monitor via your smart phone ?

We went with the ZMODO system. It was a bear to set up but surprisingly very good customer help !!
I have the master monitor in our *office*(one monitor in the kitchen area) so I can see the whole yard. One unit at the door that has sound so I can talk to whomever is in front of the door ...

Old 03-25-2017, 10:01 PM

5,375 posts, read 11,287,958 times
@ heartdurhamnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
One unit at the door that has sound so I can talk to whomever is in front of the door ...

Correction.

The door unit is actually NOT part of the ZMODO system.
It has its own small teeny monitor which sits in front of me when I am at my desk ...

It is a couple of years old.
There are many solutions now which interface with a smart phone so you can see and talk to who is at your door via your phone ?
http://www.doorbird.com

Old 05-01-2017, 12:03 PM

66 posts, read 36,180 times
Do you still need a system? I can make some recommendation.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:44 PM

246 posts, read 154,197 times
Yes still thinking about it. What do you recommend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics