Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2017, 06:43 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,239,676 times

Advertisements

I hope this is the right place. Does someone have a suggestion. On my Epson NX 110, whenever we want to change ink cartridges, we have to first deal with a stubborn carriage. What are we doing or not doing that the carriage will not bring out the cartridges to where we can access them and then stop? They come out to the center but then go right back to the right-hand side where we cannot reach them. By the time we do hit something that succeeds, we have been trying for so long that we aren't sure what we finally did that worked and the cartridges came out and stopped.

Thank you for any ideas before we have to change them again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 07:00 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,288,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
I hope this is the right place. Does someone have a suggestion. On my Epson NX 110, whenever we want to change ink cartridges, we have to first deal with a stubborn carriage. What are we doing or not doing that the carriage will not bring out the cartridges to where we can access them and then stop? They come out to the center but then go right back to the right-hand side where we cannot reach them. By the time we do hit something that succeeds, we have been trying for so long that we aren't sure what we finally did that worked and the cartridges came out and stopped.

Thank you for any ideas before we have to change them again.
I have got a fancy Epson wide body but it follows the same protocol.

Basically it stops to show what cartridges need to be replaced and then moves to a position which will allow it to be done. In your case just hit the stop button...and again if you need to. It will eventually position itself correctly to change the cartridge.

Here is the Epson instruction.

https://files.support.epson.com/html...tml/wwhelp.htm

Old 06-11-2017, 04:31 AM

Thank you for reply, ivmensch. So, this moving back and forth is part of the plan? When it goes back out of reach, if I wait, it will come out again? If not, just keep hitting the stop button until it does?

I shall go read those instructions. Surely appreciate this. Having to call in a neighbor to do such a simple job is a bit beyond the pale. I should be able to do that myself. That said, neighbor had the same problem. So, I didn't feel too bad. Off to read "how to".

Old 06-11-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Thank you for reply, ivmensch. So, this moving back and forth is part of the plan? When it goes back out of reach, if I wait, it will come out again? If not, just keep hitting the stop button until it does?

I shall go read those instructions. Surely appreciate this. Having to call in a neighbor to do such a simple job is a bit beyond the pale. I should be able to do that myself. That said, neighbor had the same problem. So, I didn't feel too bad. Off to read "how to".
Yes - It is a actually a clever scheme but not obvious. It positions the carriage so that a pointer on the frame shows which cartridge to change. Then it positions to do the change. The stop button advances the process.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:37 AM

But, is it necessary? When a cartridge is getting low, a red light flashes. When cartridge is totally empty, red light stays on. See a red light and go into the computer to check ink. That gives us the status of all the cartridges. I already know which cartridges need replacing and have bought new ones in advance.

No matter. Good to know why it is doing what it is doing. We thought there was something wrong with the printer. Now we know better.

Thanks again.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:51 AM

The system allows the printer to be maintained in systems without the status page that pops up on your screen. That screen does not operate in some operating systems. So the positioning is a fallback if you cannot get the display showing the bad cartridge. I know all this because I lost that display while changing Windows version at one time...suddenly I no longer got the status screen and discovered the position thing. Some months later it came back and I use it as you do. My machine also has an ink button so it is more obvious than using the stop button.

Other companies actually have a LED in each cartridge to show which one is gone. But Epson uses the position for the same thing.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:02 AM

All right. That thought did cross my mind - that maybe not all systems showed ink status. Makes more sense now. Thanks for the education.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
All right. That thought did cross my mind - that maybe not all systems showed ink status. Makes more sense now. Thanks for the education.
Old Engineers never die - they just pontificate.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Old Engineers never die - they just pontificate.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics