Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2017, 12:45 AM

276 posts, read 987,317 times

Advertisements

I washed and dried a baby clothing item. I was unaware there was a RFID paper label/sticker stuck somewhere on the item. I found it after taking the clothing out of the drier. It was pretty mangled. I tried googling and can't seem to find anything. Could a small chip have become loose from this? It was not one of those plastic ones that say remove before washing/wearing. Actually it was a sticker, more like something that should be on a hard item like a CD. Is there any hazard to having laundered and dried this label with a baby item? I am very annoyed since this sticker was clearly hidden in the item and not protected in the event that it accidentally went into the washer/dryer. I don't know much about these RFID labels but I am thinking a chip in it became loose and is floating around in my washer/drier or become intertwined in some clothing.
And if it was a paper sticker RFID, is it safe to assume it did not include a battery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 10:35 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
No, there's no battery. You're safe. Don't worry about this.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:55 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
It's nothing to worry about.
How antishoplifting tag is made - material, manufacture, history, used, components, product, industry, Raw Materials

Old 07-07-2017, 11:55 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
If referring to a paper label tag, if you found the paper still intact ( can be mangles to all ends and even ripped but still in one piece) you have recovered all of the tag. If you look at it under a strong light, you will see a dark pattern in the label, that's the unit. If the label is in multiple pieces and you have not recovered all of it, you should be able to shake out any left over pieces similar to if you washed a tiny piece of paper that fell apart in the wash. The rfid in the labels are so small and thin, they usually will just disintegrate into lint when washed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics