U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2017, 02:51 PM

3,269 posts, read 4,896,590 times

Advertisements

Who here is a legit expert in air purifiers? I want to know if Air Purifier Guide - The Truth About Air Purifiers is legit or biased Let's get a discussion going because indoor air is something everyone breathes. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 04:08 PM

4,263 posts, read 8,019,405 times
Years ago, based on Consumer Report's recommendation I bought two Friedrich C-90A units. They were expensive large industrial type air cleaners that worked really well. They required cleaning every two weeks or so, but there was no filter to replace.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:50 PM

2,903 posts, read 1,706,048 times
I looked at several links and found them to be scientifically correct. It was good to see because there's a lot of hype in the air purification industry, and some risky products out there, specifically ozoneators.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:16 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,518,032 times
You will find some topics on them in the allergy section, http://www.city-data.com/forum/allergies/
A few weeks ago I had an a/c company install a Reme-Halo for my home a/c and so far I have been very happy with it, I breath much better at night now.

I also have two Honeywell QuietClean Compact Tower Air Purifier HFD010, Black that I bought at Walmart years ago running, one in my living room and one in my bedroom and clean the filter once a month and had gotten a lot dust out of them, they are on sale at Walmart now for $62, I had paid $100 each.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:07 PM

So I decided on a Vornado. So far so good. The CADR ratings for it weren't sky high but were higher than others and plus I was unsure whether I should rely solely on CADR --especially because I don't fully understand how to interpret CADR.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:39 AM

5,894 posts, read 4,421,062 times
Gosh, we wound up buying an air purifier set from a door-to-door salesman that was over $3,000 in cost. Supposedly, it's industrial strength rated or whatever. Supposed to get free filters with it and you don't have to change the filters hardly ever. My nose still stays stopped up constantly, however, I did notice one night when our power was out and, of course, our air purifiers were not running, I couldn't breathe at all, so they probably are working.

It's one of those things that you never really know if it's truly all a gimmick or if it's actually working. $3,000 is a lot of money to not be sure, but the salesman was so good with his pitch that before I knew it, I was writing him a check. And usually, I'm not that persuasive. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of it. Will have to check when I get home.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Years ago, based on Consumer Report's recommendation I bought two Friedrich C-90A units. They were expensive large industrial type air cleaners that worked really well. They required cleaning every two weeks or so, but there was no filter to replace.
Wow, that's frequent

Old 12-09-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Gosh, we wound up buying an air purifier set from a door-to-door salesman that was over $3,000 in cost. Supposedly, it's industrial strength rated or whatever. Supposed to get free filters with it and you don't have to change the filters hardly ever. My nose still stays stopped up constantly, however, I did notice one night when our power was out and, of course, our air purifiers were not running, I couldn't breathe at all, so they probably are working.

It's one of those things that you never really know if it's truly all a gimmick or if it's actually working. $3,000 is a lot of money to not be sure, but the salesman was so good with his pitch that before I knew it, I was writing him a check. And usually, I'm not that persuasive. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of it. Will have to check when I get home.
I fell for something on TV -- to the tune of 800 dollars.

imagine how that felt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics