Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2018, 07:52 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times

Advertisements

My SO has an iPod. I never had one, so don't know how to do much really, but I figured out how to buy songs from iTunes and add them onto his iPod.

Yesterday, he bought more songs with his $25 GC and the songs were added. HOWEVER, he later noticed that it not only took off $100+ worth of past songs he added previously, but added on some unknown songs. His brother used to own it and gave it to him.

The lost songs are probably in his account, but just got deleted for some reason. If the issue was that there was no more room for anything new, why did it still add on the latest ones? Anyone know a link or step-by-step directions on how to bring back the songs he wants & take off the odd, unwanted songs? TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 02:02 PM

My SO went to an Apple store today, but had to make an appt for next week so they can fix it in which they said it could take up to 1-2 hrs.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:22 PM

Well, the Apple store was of ZERO help & such an incredible frustration. They wanted him to unhook & bring in the desktop computer that we've had the iPod connected to do buy songs. That, to me is ludicrous! Why they couldn't just log onto his account using his username & PW, I have no idea. This is 2018, not 1918.

When I said above about the unknown songs that got on, it wasn't even songs that his brother had when he used to have this iPod.

So, $100+ songs are still lost. I guess we'll find the phone # for Apple tech support so they can walk us through this, which I don't know why this problem is appearing so complicated...even to the Apple employees in the store. Eeek.

Anyone have any other help, links to give steps, the best Apple tech # to call, etc.?? TIA.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:09 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
When you log in to iTunes on the computer, are the lost songs there in the list of songs?

If you have "always sync when this iPod is connected" checked in iTunes, I would uncheck it. (You can see a screenshot if you scroll down in the instructions here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201593)

You want to manually manage the music added and removed from your device, you don't want to do automatic syncs.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:52 PM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,040,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
When you log in to iTunes on the computer, are the lost songs there in the list of songs?

If you have "always sync when this iPod is connected" checked in iTunes, I would uncheck it. (You can see a screenshot if you scroll down in the instructions here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201593)

You want to manually manage the music added and removed from your device, you don't want to do automatic syncs.
To add to this *sticky nomination*, also make sure Wireless Sync is disable both on iOS devices and in iTunes.

Once Apple removes the mandate, using Apple mobile devices will be much easier and more fulfilling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics