U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 11:01 AM

6,158 posts, read 2,787,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
What's interesting to me is how some people can't just mind their own business...

That's great. Why don't you just stay out of this conversation then, Mr. Tin Foil hat? Read the first post again... that has exactly zero to to with yknow... what was actually ASKED. No one asked for your opinion on what these devices may be up to.
Are you trying to save OP?
You totally derailed this conversation.

Some people....
You are cordially invited to...

Oh, you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 02:36 PM

28,638 posts, read 40,617,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post

Oh, you know.
Listen in?

Every conversation that involves some device listening in reminds me of a Buffalo Springfield song.

If you are so paranoid then

1. Don't use any devices that you are afraid of
2. Stop plotting illegals things
3. Don't come to a forum and advertise it. The Feds have bots that read all this and they now want to know what it is you are doing that makes you so concerned. Expect a visit any day now.

BTW they won't knock. They'll just bust in the door, throw you on the floor, handcuff you and anyone else in the house, ransack the house (and they literally trash it), haul you to an unknown location, toss you in a little very cold room in your underwear, and all the furniture is metal so really cold, grill you for hours, intimidate you, and maybe, just maybe not waterboard you.

Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:39 PM

Side silliness done.

I advise the OP to take Peregrines advice. All you have to do is look through his posts on CD and you'll figure out he's the real deal.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
OK so all you really need is a Google Home or Mini (I would go Home just for the better sound quality... mini kind of sucks there) and a soundbar for the TV. Most soundbars support bluetooth so they pair up to your phone very easily and sound pretty great. So your TV sounds good and you can stream from your phone or your mini / home!
I found this soundbar through a post on CD and it is excellent for the money.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are versions that come with sub woofers and speakers.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:59 PM

240 posts, read 267,424 times
I went with Google Home because at that time it was the only device that could make phone calls. I set my elderly father up with one in his house so if he falls and can't get up, he can call for help. Also Google can tell me the traffic which I'm not sure the others can. For me, it's really useful to set a 2nd alarm without touching my main alarm clock. Also get the weather forecast

Old 12-12-2018, 03:18 PM

11,844 posts, read 13,973,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Stay on topic? Yea... I do.

Thanks Tek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics