U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Status: "living in a political world, where mercy walks the plank" (set 9 days ago)

21,717 posts, read 22,520,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
i am connecting the tv to the blu ray with an hdmi cable
I would try a different hdmi cable for the dvd/tv connection for starters, if you have one available.

are you connecting the single audio (mini-plug) output from your TV to your to your bose? It appears that is the only audio input on the bose.

I connect my tv to the soundbar with an hdmi cable as well.

I'm not claiming to be a wizard at the features of the many available inputs and outputs available on av electronics. I have three hdmi inputs on my TCL TV, one I use from an X-Box, one from a dvr and one from my LG Blu-ray Player. My soundbar remote is used for volume control on anything playing on the TV and has a volume display on the soundbar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 01:38 PM

2,256 posts, read 3,097,114 times
took a bit of time to complete this expedition, as i don't live in a town with an electronics store but we finally purchased new goodies & tested them out. i thought i would update everyone with the final results.

if you're ever in las vegas fry's electronics, go see timothy in tv's. nice guy, knew his stuff, didn't look down his nose at my silly questions (unlike the 1st sales guy).

the audio hookups i had been looking for, which would allow me to continue to use bose system, are no longer made. it is now all integrated into hdmi cables. this was the key piece of information that i could not find/figure out whilst cruising the various components webpages.

blu ray/dvd = sony ubpx700 ($200)
https://www.sony.com/electronics/blu...ayers/ubp-x700

sound bar = bose soundtouch 300 ($500)
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...r-package.html

easy setup. nice sound. i am able to turn subtitles on/off whilst the movie is playing (important when watching GoT). when i power off the blu ray, it automatically switches back over to regular tv. heck, i can adjust the volume in the middle of the movie.

now i gotta figure out what to do with my old bose system....

Old 05-02-2019, 10:09 PM

471 posts, read 125,721 times
Quote:
took a bit of time to complete this expedition, as i don't live in a town with an electronics store but we finally purchased new goodies & tested them out. i thought i would update everyone with the final results.

if you're ever in las vegas fry's electronics, go see timothy in tv's. nice guy, knew his stuff, didn't look down his nose at my silly questions (unlike the 1st sales guy).

the audio hookups i had been looking for, which would allow me to continue to use bose system, are no longer made. it is now all integrated into hdmi cables. this was the key piece of information that i could not find/figure out whilst cruising the various components webpages.

blu ray/dvd = sony ubpx700 ($200)
https://www.sony.com/electronics/blu...ayers/ubp-x700

sound bar = bose soundtouch 300 ($500)
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...r-package.html

easy setup. nice sound. i am able to turn subtitles on/off whilst the movie is playing (important when watching GoT). when i power off the blu ray, it automatically switches back over to regular tv. heck, i can adjust the volume in the middle of the movie.

now i gotta figure out what to do with my old bose system....

Unfortunately, if Tim knew his stuff, he would not have offer you a Bose. I find Bose products overpriced and does not live up to it's price point.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:41 AM

3,957 posts, read 2,608,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefong123 View Post
I find Bose products overpriced and does not live up to it's price point.
I totally agree. Bose is like the "Apple" of the speaker world. Yes, they are good and nice but do they live up to the hype and are they worth the outrageous price? I don't think so.

Old 05-04-2019, 02:28 PM

2,256 posts, read 3,097,114 times
i've enjoyed bose products for years - they last FOREVER.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:15 AM

471 posts, read 125,721 times
Quote:
i've enjoyed bose products for years - they last FOREVER.

In the end, as long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters but I still stand by what I said, anyone whoreally knowshome theater and speakers would never recommend Bose. Bose simply has too much limitations for my liking, especially at their price point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics