U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 09:34 AM

25,281 posts, read 11,223,586 times

Advertisements

Any of you have Cox cable? I just got it here in the Phoenix area.

It seems as if I can't get into the Amazon Prime app. I can see it, but when I hit on it...nothing happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2019, 03:53 PM

3,957 posts, read 2,608,667 times
More information needed...

Device? OS? Wifi? 4g? etc. etc.

Old 04-30-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
More information needed...

Device? OS? Wifi? 4g? etc. etc.
Thank you for responding.

Samsung Smart TV (it worked fine with Amazon Prime and Comcast Xfinity in Colorado).
OS -- on television???
Yes, I have Cox wifi.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Thank you for responding.

Samsung Smart TV (it worked fine with Amazon Prime and Comcast Xfinity in Colorado).
OS -- on television???
Yes, I have Cox wifi.
I usually troubleshoot by process of elimination on things like this.

Yes, the SmartTV actually has an OS. Not sure what yours is called which brings up another thing you can do, reboot the TV. Unplug it from the wall, wait a few minutes, replug.

Do other apps on your smart tv work ok? Does netflix work? You don't have to have a subscription to netflix to open the app.

Does Amazon Prime app work on another device such as smartphone using your home wifi?

Reboot the router and/or modem.

I think you get the idea. I use Amazon video on a firestick and I'm in Texas on Spectrum, so can't help you directly, only offer suggestions.

According to this, your Samsung TV either uses Orsay or Tizen OS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eware_software

Old 05-01-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I usually troubleshoot by process of elimination on things like this.

Yes, the SmartTV actually has an OS. Not sure what yours is called which brings up another thing you can do, reboot the TV. Unplug it from the wall, wait a few minutes, replug.

Do other apps on your smart tv work ok? Does netflix work? You don't have to have a subscription to netflix to open the app.

Does Amazon Prime app work on another device such as smartphone using your home wifi?

Reboot the router and/or modem.

I think you get the idea. I use Amazon video on a firestick and I'm in Texas on Spectrum, so can't help you directly, only offer suggestions.

According to this, your Samsung TV either uses Orsay or Tizen OS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eware_software
Then that's an interesting question -- does the firestick interfere with your Spectrum or vice-versa?

Old 05-01-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Then that's an interesting question -- does the firestick interfere with your Spectrum or vice-versa?
Not at all, in fact, the firestick is from Amazon and it works flawlessly. I have three of them.

First thing I would do is reboot the TV, that may help.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Not at all, in fact, the firestick is from Amazon and it works flawlessly. I have three of them.

First thing I would do is reboot the TV, that may help.
Rebooting the t.v. -- not sure why I didn't think of it other than that I am only used to rebooting the cable box -- didn't work. But it was a great suggestion.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Rebooting the t.v. -- not sure why I didn't think of it other than that I am only used to rebooting the cable box -- didn't work. But it was a great suggestion.
What device are you typing these messages on?

If it's a PC, try going to Amazon.com and stream some video. That will tell you if it's a problem with your ISP. Come to think about it, even if it's a phone, you can install and run the Amazon prime video app to try it out.

If either the PC or the phone work, over your wifi or wired connection, then it's not your ISP (Cox). At that point I would suspect the TV itself which is why I asked if Netflix worked in a previous post.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:41 PM

I know you're going to think I'm dumb, but I think I figured it out and it's now working (although I haven't had time to actually watch a program). My t.v. was not connecting with my wifi. Duh!

Old 05-01-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
I know you're going to think I'm dumb, but I think I figured it out and it's now working (although I haven't had time to actually watch a program). My t.v. was not connecting with my wifi. Duh!
That would do it for sure. You should of got some kind of error message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or