Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2019, 09:11 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

I love my TP link bulbs and WiFi extender but most likely will never buy any new items from TP link again.

I have 11 smart bulbs and WiFi extender. All worked very well and the App is easy to deal with.

All of sudden one bulb stopped working as the light bulb is functional but for some reason can’t connect to the WiFi anymore. I only have this bulb for three months.

TP link provides two year warranty so I connected with their warranty department.

They had me do all kinds of stuff which took over an hour. Bulb is like $19.95!

Everything proved that the light fixture is not the issue as other bulbs work in that same light fixture and I have 5 bars for WiFi signal strength.

TP link warranty had me twice email my receipt, then asked me to give Serial number from box but who keeps a light bulb box when the bulb is working. Then they had me send the serial number for the bulb that is listed on the bulb but nowhere to be found so I emailed pictures of all sides of the bulb.

Then I was asked for the receipt again. Finally I was told I have to mail the bulb back and will get a replacement bulb which I noticed online will be a refurbished bulb.

TP link won’t email me a shipping label and they charge $14.95 for me to ship the bulb to them and get a used/refurbished bulb that new would cost me $19.95 plus tax.

Unbelievable that their warranty doesn’t contain free return of bulb that is under warranty and purchased from online retailer!

Be aware as there are way better companies that won’t put you through this long mess and basically not helping.

Philips has great customer service for most items and I expect their smart bulbs to get the same great warranty service as all other Philips items I have and ever dealt with customer service for.

Buyer be ware! To me a great product comes with decent customer service!

TP link doesn’t have that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics