U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 10:13 PM

1,874 posts, read 2,039,848 times

Advertisements

re: the original post: makes me glad we live in a 1916 house.

re: being "recorded" at every turn. Do you think the "authorities" care what this private citizen does or says? Imagine my daily activities being televised. Herewith would be ensuing remarks from my fellow citizens.

"How much cat-brushing can one person do?"
"Jesus, she watches a lot of televised figure skating."
"That wasn't a very nice thing she said about Trump just now!"

Obviously, the stuff of international intrigue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2019, 06:54 PM

10,558 posts, read 4,921,920 times
We have Amazon lockers at our apartments. We just bought a house and this is one of the things we will miss. I'm not sure why I would care if they have cameras. If it makes it harder for some to get their item and claim they never received it, great. We all pay for that and it was a common scam that plagued the mail order and online retail industry.

It's a lot more secure than leaving stuff on the porch or doorstep. We get a text that an item is in the locker and go get it at our convenience. We get notices when we are out of town and it's nice to not have to worry about it being stolen before we get home.

My biggest concern is thieves acquiring the ability to hack them. One time we did not get a code. Apartment manager checked a log and it said we had a package. She tried her master code (did you know they have one?) and it didn't work. She had to call Amazon and someone there unsuccessfully tried to remotely open it. Somehow the system had lost track of which locker it was in. The Amazon guy then remotely opened ALL of the unassigned lockers at once! 30+ lockers opened. Sure enough, my package was in one of them and the rest were empty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or