U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 11:01 AM

1,877 posts, read 1,185,228 times

Advertisements

Hard for me to explain. Watching tv, decide to look at the guide at same time, audio is loud and clear of the program that it was tuned to, but video is so dark as to black to me. We switched from direct tv to the fire stick more than a month ago and just now today I saw that there was a vague dark picture in the background. Is there an adjustment, is the tv bad? Is the fire stick faulty? Help. I am pretty sure when we are looking at a demonstration of how it works, a person could watch the tv kind of through the guide letters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 01:39 PM

3,988 posts, read 2,623,523 times
Press the Home button, that is the main screen for the Fire Stick. Is everything dark as you describe? If so, it is probably your TV.

Old 08-07-2019, 04:39 PM

Thanks gg. From rereading my post I am able to see I did not express my problem hardly at all. Here goes again. Ok, watching a streaming program and decide to look at the guide at the same time. I believe the guide should come up and there should be white letters but all the rest is see through and you can see the program you are watching too. I saw this on the demo in the office of our phone co. So I wonder why it don't do that on mine at home. I see the guide just fine but to be it looks like letters on a black background but in reality it is just letters and the background is just so is so dark it looks black.

Old 08-07-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Press the Home button, that is the main screen for the Fire Stick. Is everything dark as you describe? If so, it is probably your TV.
The home button worked fine. Please see my next post for a "hopefully" clearer explanation of my problem.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:33 AM

3,988 posts, read 2,623,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroad70 View Post
Thanks gg. From rereading my post I am able to see I did not express my problem hardly at all. Here goes again. Ok, watching a streaming program and decide to look at the guide at the same time. I believe the guide should come up and there should be white letters but all the rest is see through and you can see the program you are watching too. I saw this on the demo in the office of our phone co. So I wonder why it don't do that on mine at home. I see the guide just fine but to be it looks like letters on a black background but in reality it is just letters and the background is just so is so dark it looks black.
You mention a guide but on what app are you talking about. Do you mean a program guide where it lists shows and times? Or what exactly?

Old 08-11-2019, 07:59 PM

7,178 posts, read 3,924,505 times
I had this exact same problem yesterday with my Samsung TV via an Apple TV. Streaming was all dark. I restarted the TV and all was well. Did you try a reset and/or reboot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or