Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 32,914 times

Advertisements

Having the same problem with my SONY Wega, 57"... If you are able to turn the TV on, DO NOT SHUT IT OFF... Instead, on your remote control, just shut off the cable button. This will turn the TV off and you will be able to turn the television back on when you click the CABLE button only. Don't do what I did and mistakenly hit TV and Cable. I'm unable to get the TV back on again. Grrr!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 04:56 AM

1 posts, read 32,844 times
I have a palsonic flat screen digital TV For the past 6 months its been a bit of trouble, but nothing like it has been going just recently in particular this week where its been out 5 out of 6 days so far. I've hardily been able to watch it. I've only had this TV for 2 years. I dont have a set-top box, its all built into the TV unit. This annoying problem can be like this for hours if not days, then when you least expect it, BINGO The red standby light will come on after many attempts with my remote, but tonight (Friday) the red standby light is on after I turn it on but wont go off standby to green
Whats the problem

Old 09-29-2011, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 32,727 times
My sony hdtv flatscreen (46 in) will not turn on. It actually turns on for 2 seconds then a buzzing noise occurs and the standby button blinks. Any ideas????

Old 10-02-2011, 11:10 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,664 times
Any problems I have had with my Sony TV have been resolved by unplugging for a minute, then plugging it back in.

Try a reboot, tmcgee.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,592,135 times
I had a 32" Panasonic LCD that would take several tries to turn on. My first attempt was with the remote that came with my Comcast DVR. After that didn't work, I'd manipulate the power button on the actual tv --repeatedly pressing down on it until the red blinking light went away and a steady red light came on--signifying the tv was on. After doing this for what I'm guessing was a few years, I found it it needed a firmware update. My brother downloading the update onto an SD card and updated my tv for me. It hasn't had a problem since.

I had read online about Samsung's power on problems and those (for the most part) were due to a faulty capacitors in the power supply board. I thought this might be similar to my Panasonic's problem too. Then I discovered the firmware update and that took care of my problem.

Maybe there's some info in here that might help you.

Here is the information I gathered about them:

Samsung LN-T-4665F will not turn on. Red button flashes and TV just makes clicking sound. I've unplugged both the TV outlet plug and the power cord. Great picture when it worked however I've only had for 18 months and would not expect it to be having this problem.

Best Solution
posted on Nov 13, 2009

There are 2 capacitors in power supply that are bad. They will have a bulging top 1000uf @ 10V.

Solution #2
posted on Nov 16, 2009

Yes! there are 2 capacitors in power supply 5vdc standby out. Recommend replacing with 1000uF 25v.
also one at 12vdc out. same with 1000uF 25v.

Solution #3
posted on Nov 12, 2009

sounds like the power supply board has failed. VERY common problem

The main board or power supply has problem. To make sure which one causes malfunction the TV must be opened and check by technician. You have one or two bad caps in the power supply these can like devices will be puffed on the top from venting the value is written on the sides replace them and you will be good to go

Here is clue, most Samsung LCD TV power boards are made in China, probably the components on the board are also Chinese made. Samsung LCD TVs in China market have same problem and the power board business in China is blooming. The rebuilt power board price in China is around $60.

Back to USA, the power boards sold here are not brand new either, there is a $50 core charge in each board purchasing.

Tips:

When replacing the defective capacitors, installing good quality ones, like ones made in Japan, USA or KOREA. No kidding, if the power board is made in Korea, most consumers may not have this problem.

Also for long run, choose higher voltage rate capacitor, for example, the original capacitor is 1000nF 10V, upgrade to 1000uF 25V.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 32,586 times
Blinking 6 times anyone have ideas what could be wrong?????

Old 10-21-2011, 06:19 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busdriver080 View Post
Blinking 6 times anyone have ideas what could be wrong?????
Do you still have the manual? It usually explains what light codes mean in the back, in the troubleshooting section. If you don't have it any more you can probably look it up online with the model number.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 32,465 times
My tv blinks 4 times and won't turn on period anybody knows what that means

Old 01-16-2012, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 31,988 times
other than replies that are guessing or an answer Nothing to do with "MY" problem, is there Anyone with CRT TV repair experience, repairing Sony CRT TV's especially with these standby blinking codes like mine that starts with 5 blinks after plugging it in then going to 7 blinks? If a repair is under $200. & will last for a couple of years I will have it repaired; If it's going to be a lot more money I will just try & find someone to take it off my hands & invest in a flat panel. Thanks

Old 02-12-2012, 02:41 PM

6 posts, read 129,171 times
I was able to fix my Sony 50" Wega with the similar issue of the blinking red light and a brief horizontal picture (intermittent turn on that got progressively worse). I fixed it by unplugging internal connectors and reinserting. I also reinserted the projector which brought back the clarity. Contacts oxidize, by reinserting you clean the contacts. Touch up solder connections on the power board and make sure to wipe your iron on a wet sponge to keep it clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics