U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 04:00 PM

6 posts, read 122,455 times

Advertisements

Electrolytic capacitors will wear out. If you see bulging on the top, the over-rating of a new capacitor is a great idea; just remember to keep the uF the same. Make sure you remember the negative stripe goes in respect to the board. Vacuum the dust off the tiny surface mount components and be safe, there a lot of potential on a CRT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 04:28 PM

Default What type of Sony flat screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcgee913 View Post
My sony hdtv flatscreen (46 in) will not turn on. It actually turns on for 2 seconds then a buzzing noise occurs and the standby button blinks. Any ideas????
Please include the model of television, Sony makes quite a few, Wega??...led, projection... The more you can give, the easier to diagnose.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:14 PM

Default Blinking red?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
I just gave away a 32" Sony Wega TV due to it being all dark for the picture until I turned it on/off once. Set was fine but since the set is now 5+ years old it's time to move on to a HDTV flat screen. I'm sure that once failures start on the older Analog CRT sets (Wega et.al.) it's not a good idea to even try to repair them.

What is largely unknown to the general public is that Cable/Sat carriers are only required , by law, to down convert the digital TV signal to Analog until Jan. 2012 at which time then can stop if they want to to allow time for most of the public to switch to HDTV's (they didn't count on the recession) .

So my suggestion is to buy a HDTV now instead of putting another dime into that trusty Sony analog set. I will also suggest that you buy a simple HDTV this time since the HDTV market is still way, way to much in flux today.

nit is dead, No blinks - Problem in the standby power section. Might check fuse, R607, Q601, IC601, R612 and VDR601 (should show open).
Continuous blink once a second, no pausing - No reply from the jungle IC301 (data bus is busy, shorted to ground, or held high), IK video path is defective.
One blink - not used for the self-diagnosis
Two blinks - B+ over current protection (OCP), unit goes to the standby mode then displays the 2 blink fault. Could be a short in the power supply of any of the circuits.
Three blinks - B+ over voltage protection (OVP), unit goes to the standby mode then displays the 3 blink fault. This is also a problem in the power supply circuit, check T603 and R672.
Four blinks - No vertical Deflection (V STOP), Screen goes to a single horizontal line then the video signal muted. Check IC1509, Q1505
Five blinks - AKB circuit (automatic kine bias), the timer/standby indicator blinks for about 30 seconds then goes to the self-diagnosis function. Something is wrong with the video. Check video out, Q705, 732, 761 and other components on the C board, also check Q218, 219, 220 on the A board. In addition, unit could be in IK blanking, try turning up screen slightly.
Six blinks - No Horizontal (H STOP), no raster, goes to the blinking self-diagnosis function immediately. Check C515 & 516 and the jungle IC, IC206.
Seven blinks - High voltage shutdown. The high voltage has exceeded 33k and the unit goes immediately into safety shutdown. Check power supply regulation and horizontal circuits.
Eight blinks - Problem with the audio (AUDIO), unit goes to standby and blinks the self-diagnosis code. Check IC406 audio amp, PS401, and 402. On some projection models of Sony TV sets, this code means that T8005 (flyback transformer), or the associative components in the high voltage circuits are defective on the D board.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:17 PM

Nine blinks - Replace D 6116 and D 6301 on the "G" board, do not resolder as this will fix the problem temporary. Or Panel Module Error or Thermal Error. If it is intermittent 9 blinks, meaning sometimes the TV comes on and other times you get flashing, then change the switching regulator on the "G" board or check connections. Make sure the regulator is -12 or -13 (negitive).
Ten blinks - Check Q8014 and Q8013 for shorts, leakage, or bad solder connections on the " D" board. If the transistors are bad, check R8051 and IC8005, also on the "D" board.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 22,114 times
I have a 55 sony wega tv, I just replaced the bulb, and the standby lights blinks in segments of three blinking lights, whats the problems.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 21,355 times
i have a sony bravia 46in tv that doesnt fully turn on..only standby button and it blinks 3 times..PLEASE HELP =0(

Old 08-22-2012, 06:27 PM

10,752 posts, read 18,005,309 times
Oh goody, another thread that's becoming a wasteland for 1st poster that will never be seen again. This isn't Sony tech support people.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 20,393 times
DID you get the problem fixed? How?? I'm having the same problem

Old 06-21-2013, 04:47 AM

1 posts, read 20,068 times
Default Sony WEGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
I have a Sony Wega KV-32HS510 TV. We've never had any problem with it. Last night when I got home, it would not turn on and the standby light was blinking repeatedly in a 4-blink pattern.

I went online and looked up what the problem was and found that the 4 blinks means the following: Vertical deflection stopped. Possible causes: +- 15V is not supplied. (D board), IC8003 is faulty. (A board) Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby state after horizontal raster, Vertical deflection pulse is stopped, Power line is shorted or power supply is stopped.

Okey dokey. Obviously not something that I can fix (or even know the meaning of), so we gave up and went to bed. This morning, I was able to turn the TV on like nothing had happened.

I decided to test it, so I turned it off for about a half an hour. When I went to turn it back on, I now get 7 blinks to the pattern. According to research, this means: Horizontal deflection stopped. Possible cause: Q8035, 8038 is shorted. (D board)

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows:
1. What does this mean?? Please, simple layman's terms.
2. Is this something worth fixing? Or should we cut our losses and buy a new one? The TV's about 6 years old, and weighs about 170 lbs... I think we got the heaviest possible tube TV.
3. If we do decide to get rid of it, do you think it would be worth anything to anyone else - like someone who tinkers w/electronics?

Any help at all would be wonderful!!!
I'm having the exact same problem you had back in 2008. Can you suggest anything? I cannot afford to replace my T.V. and I really don't want to. Is it the "D" Board? And is it worth the time and money to try to get it fixed? Thannk you.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:23 PM

21,540 posts, read 24,674,751 times
Lets just nip this in the bud. If its a LCD or LED TV and has a power board failure figure the base price to repair is around $200. In current TVs there are only a few boards and the cost to replace all of them is $400-$600. If the screen is gone (shorted or cracked) its trash. If you are not a TV enthusiast then you can purchase a new (low end) 46" LCD for under $400. If you want a upper middle of the road 46" then it runs around $800. If you want a high end 46" then look at a base of $1300 and up.

The 32" TVs in this thread are not economical to repair as replacement cost is often less then repair cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics