U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 04:41 AM

14,095 posts, read 23,967,785 times

Advertisements

If you've bought and tried a "as seen on TV" product then tell us about it and whether or not it worked as promised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 09:30 AM

2,658 posts, read 10,568,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
If you've bought and tried a "as seen on TV" product then tell us about it and whether or not it worked as promised.
Many items are of mediocre quality or of such a limited spectrum of utility that they are ineffective.

Consumer Reports is a good resource, as is Consumer digest.

As Seen On TV Product Reviews

FITNESS INFOMERCIAL REVIEW - AS SEEN ON TV INFOMERCIAL PRODUCT REVIEWS

Old 11-30-2008, 09:36 PM

515 posts, read 1,184,687 times
There is also another tell-all site about the pros and cons of as seen on tv products where actual people tell their stores...the name escapes me right now but I will post back if I remember!

Old 11-30-2008, 09:50 PM

1,592 posts, read 3,126,769 times
I love trying these products...

The grabber product worked but then fell apart after a few uses
The hand towels that dust work great...bought more
The fiber-optic looking dusters worked fine as well...

but wait....there's more! Operators are standing by!

Old 11-30-2008, 10:54 PM

199 posts, read 648,349 times
Bought my DIL the Big Daddy steam BBQ cleaner and she loves it. I will have to say that it does work great. No more scrubbing the darn thing.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:25 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,967,785 times
Only product I bought and tried was the HD vision sunglasses. Only reason why I bought them was because I needed sunglasses that fit over my glasses for when I went outside to walk the dog and they were half the price of the other sunglasses. Their vision quality is roughly on par with the blu blockers. I don't recommend wearing them to drive. But they are good for being outside. I have clip on polarized lenses for driving. They let in too much sunlight from the top and sides to be effective sun protection for my eyes. The HD Vision glasses were only $10 at Walmart.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:34 PM

955 posts, read 3,349,354 times
LOVE my ped egg - but I didnt buy it off the infomercial directly - got it at the store but is a "as seen on tv" product.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:39 PM

32,836 posts, read 60,937,007 times
I have a 45-year-old Veg-O-Matic that still works like a charm!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:42 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,753,864 times
Yeah me too. I go to the store in the mall, or at the domestic products store (LNT, BB&B) to actually see the product. I've bought Space Bags, the battery-operated can-opener and those little discs that you put under heavy furniture to move them. The latter ones really work. I also bought the Ped-Egg but got those at Walgreen's. Basically, I wouldn't buy straight from the TV ad.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:45 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,486,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Yeah me too. I go to the store in the mall, or at the domestic products store (LNT, BB&B) to actually see the product. I've bought Space Bags, the battery-operated can-opener and those little discs that you put under heavy furniture to move them. The latter ones really work. I also bought the Ped-Egg but got those at Walgreen's. Basically, I wouldn't buy straight from the TV ad.
I wouldn't buy stuff straight from the TV ad either. You are actually paying a lot more. Like for example, if you buy the Magic Bullet off the infomercial you will be paying about 150 dollars. If you go to Target you can find this item for 45 dollars. I bought the Magic Bullet and I am impressed with it. It makes great smoothies, chops garlic, and makes pretty good soups. I also bought the GT Express 101. This appliance is a lot harder to clean than what they show you on the infomercial, but makes great omelets. I hate how infomercials try to tell you that you will get an extra one free. They won't give you an extra item free you are actually paying a lot more for shipping and handling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics