Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 04:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

Apparently the local ABC station and your cable compnmy do not have a agreement. Happens all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 04:51 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Apparently the local ABC station and your cable compnmy do not have a agreement. Happens all the time.
What does his local cable company have to do with receiving OTA signals

Old 09-23-2009, 05:28 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,381,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJohnson236 View Post
I have an outdoor antenna, and cannot get ABC from the digital signal. I also tried an amplified antenna. I could not get a digital or analog signal from them. I have tried three different antennas 2 indoor amplified, and one outdoor 50 mile range (27 miles from the station). The outdoor antenna gets 29 channels in total from the city that broadcasts (Philly). I have it pointed at the correct azimuth for the broadcast, still nothing for ABC. What gives?
Philly ABC is known to have a weak signal. They are located on channel 6 in the low VHF band, which is very interference prone.

First thing, is your outdoor antenna a VHF/UHF antenna? If not, go get one. A UHF-only antenna will not pick up ABC 6 regardless of how well it is aimed.

If that doesn't work, you will probably need an outdoor antenna with a longer range and/or an amplifier.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:07 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
I know all of the local broadcast stations are playing PSA's that they are broadcasting at reduced power, and will be relocating their antenna and increasing power at "some point in the future". Another government mandated change that went well

Old 01-29-2010, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 5,073 times
Default HD Converter, no ABC???

I have had my HD converter box for almost six months now. When I first connected it, I received all the network channels; ABC, CBS, NBC, etc.

My father visited and repositioned the antenna only 7 inches from where it originally was in the window. He also helped me hang curtains over the window. All of a sudden, I was not able to get ABC!

I put my antenna back in the window and re-scanned and my ABC is back! Give it a try and see what happens. Good Luck!

Old 07-12-2014, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,951 times
I juz moved lnto a new apartment building l cant not have any satelite dishes so that l juz purchase my lst. universal converter box however l dont understand how lt really works so that my daughter set lt up for me.l have a old R.C.A. standard t.v.Also l purchase a Phillips antenna.But lm also having tha same problems as othas,not being able too recieve channels 7,11,13.however have all the other local channels besides of these three listed above.l also have lon,cozi &bounce channels l dont understand too why l have these channels where lm not a customer with cable anymore.p.s.should l buy a R.C.A.antenna lnstead?ls lt because of my building?#confused #much need lnformation/advice/answers

Old 07-12-2014, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,951 times
I juz moved lnto a new apartment building l cant not have any satelite dishes so that l juz purchase my lst. universal converter box however l dont understand how lt really works so that my daughter set lt up for me.l have a old R.C.A. standard t.v.Also l purchase a Phillips antenna.But lm also having tha same problems as othas,not being able too recieve channels 7,11,13.however have all the other local channels besides of these three listed above.l also have lon,cozi &bounce channels l dont understand too why l have these channels where lm not a customer with cable anymore.p.s.should l buy a R.C.A.antenna lnstead?ls lt because of my building?#confused #much need lnformation/advice/answers.Also l forgot too mention that l have the same two channels & the time of programmed shows ls a hour earlier then the usual timre of the programmed shows/wrong time frame!!!

Old 07-12-2014, 07:31 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,076,689 times
Go to antennaweb.org Enter address. Map will show where your local transmission tower is located to aim antenna, distance for signal strength for size of antenna needed and channels that tower is transmitting.
With old analog, according to distance and size of antenna, signal could fade out and you would get noise [snow]. With digital, it's yes a signal, or no signal. If you get a pixelated video or frame freeze, you're on the fringe of reception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics