Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 10:15 AM

359 posts, read 1,195,356 times

Advertisements

How many of you saw the scroll on the bottom of the screen on either TV Land, Nickelodeon, or other channels this morning? Beginning Tonight 12/31/08, TV Land, Nickelodeon, and 18 other channels will be eliminated from the Time Warner and Brighthouse Cable systems. Sounds like cable will no longer be a family friendly alternative to the old violent bunny-ear networks like CBS or NBC. You can try calling the 800 number provided on the scroll, but it is like trying to revive a favorite cable channel that changed to a format you hate. Do yourself a favor if you live in California or Florida, DUMP YOUR CABLE COMPANY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,980,343 times
Looks like Time-Warner has settled with Viacom. You still recommending customers drop T-W service?

Old 01-01-2009, 08:46 AM

359 posts, read 1,195,356 times
Depends on the service. If the service is good, keep it. If not, dump it.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 4 days ago)

43,077 posts, read 76,631,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
How many of you saw the scroll on the bottom of the screen on either TV Land, Nickelodeon, or other channels this morning? Beginning Tonight 12/31/08, TV Land, Nickelodeon, and 18 other channels will be eliminated from the Time Warner and Brighthouse Cable systems. Sounds like cable will no longer be a family friendly alternative to the old violent bunny-ear networks like CBS or NBC. You can try calling the 800 number provided on the scroll, but it is like trying to revive a favorite cable channel that changed to a format you hate. Do yourself a favor if you live in California or Florida, DUMP YOUR CABLE COMPANY!
I live in North Carolina.

Am I allowed to keep my TWC?
If I dump TV, am I allowed to keep my RoadRunner?

Can I get ESPNHD with bunny ears?

What a mess of questions this has opened up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics