U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 05:38 PM

1,173 posts, read 5,545,852 times

Advertisements

Very sorry to hear that. These behemoths are such a pain but definitely worth it in my book. I know how you'll miss yours.

Please keep us updated. I hope you'll be able to be reunited soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 09:48 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,718,276 times
Contact a home delivery service (that are common in the furniture industry).

They will come in, wrap the piece properly and ship it to you via their carriers (that specialize in furniture moving). It may take up to a few weeks (depending on the distance) - But it will get there safe and sound.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:06 AM

562 posts, read 1,980,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

They will come in, wrap the piece properly and ship it to you via their carriers (that specialize in furniture moving). It may take up to a few weeks (depending on the distance) - But it will get there safe and sound.
I don't mind if it takes that long, any suggestions on a specific company? Thanks!

Old 05-08-2014, 02:01 PM

6 posts, read 4,981 times
Default Best and Cheap way to Ship

Carry in the back of your car placing it vertically.

is that an issue? and I think the best cheapest way.

Do you have any other luggage? Fit the maximum luggage you can in your car and ship the rest in fedex

Done... any questions? I am doing the same for my upciming cross country drive....Wish me good luck

Old 05-08-2014, 02:12 PM

Default reg.Home Delivery services

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

Reg. Home Delivery Services

Do they a good job of Handling Fragile items like TV's of such big size.

I think it is the same with Fedex and UPS

I have not looked into the Fedex White Glove service yet and they clearly mentioned, if you are shipping as it was mentioned they would take just less than 200 dollars .. wow...

Not that I am thinking too Negatively, but
Worried about is how they handle as these TV shipments are Fragile and Once they are in their hands it is their service how to transfer the GOODS, AND IF EVERYTHING IS FINE AND THEY KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THE PRODUCT WILL BE DELIVERED IN GOOD SHAPE

Have been checking with Pilot services lately who have shipped mine

Old 05-09-2014, 04:03 AM

5,375 posts, read 11,287,958 times
Depends on *from where to where*
If not umpteen million miles, then:
Rent a Van, put the behemoth in it, flat down.
Taker the van back, and be done with it !

How big is that monster anyway ?
Width, height, depth ?

Old 05-09-2014, 05:51 AM

35,126 posts, read 42,592,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
We're moving to Washington at the end of this month and we have very little worth keeping so we're just driving our car up with all of our belongings and buying a new bed up there rather than renting a truck that we wouldn't even use most of the space. The only thing worth keeping is our new 52" HDTV. It's heavy and large.

I could obviously use UPS or a number of providers, but I think there are people that would specialize in this kind of thing. Who is the cheapest and who is the best? What are your experiences and what was the cost? I will definitely want to get it insured for about $2,000 - $2,500. I don't care how slow it is but I would prefer it get there safely, and I would need it packed up and boxed properly by someone else, that isn't something I could do. Any help would be great, thank you!
I wonder if the place you bought it from could help in at least repacking it as a friendly gesture in customer relations, perhaps if they have a branch near your destination they may even ship it for you for a price..

Old 05-12-2014, 04:35 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,674,473 times
Since the OP was moving 7 years ago, I bet that TV has long since moved on. Pun intended.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
Depends on *from where to where*
If not umpteen million miles, then:
Rent a Van, put the behemoth in it, flat down.
Taker the van back, and be done with it !

How big is that monster anyway ?
Width, height, depth ?
Samsung 8000 series 55" Television

Old 05-22-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I wonder if the place you bought it from could help in at least repacking it as a friendly gesture in customer relations, perhaps if they have a branch near your destination they may even ship it for you for a price..
Checked with them and the answer was no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or