Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 09:04 PM

364 posts, read 1,112,586 times

Advertisements

Is Hawks Bluff a huge developement up there? I usually dont pay attention to all the people trying to sell land down here in FL.

I thought it was strange a development being mentioned instead of cities and/or counties.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:06 PM

13,352 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda124 View Post
I thought thats what this forum was for to meet people and try to get info on an area. Sorry you think I am pulling a stunt. Why are you writing as if I am not going to read this. I guess I dont understand what this forum is for. Thank you to all who answered me. I feel sad that some people can be so mean. I thought florida was only this way seems like tennessee had a lot more friendly people...... Tell me what Im supposed to talk about here.
I agree with hiknapster. Why do you Hawks Bluff people make this forum your own personal chat room about the Hawks Bluff development? If you have a question about Hawks Bluff, why don't you just pick up the phone and call them? And if you have questions about the weather, you can access weather.com just as easily as anyone else.

This forum is NOT for private conversations about a private housing development. As mbmouse said, you can PM each other for that kind of chat. Or just pick up the phone and call Hawks Bluff yourself.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:20 AM

849 posts, read 2,955,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda124 View Post
I thought thats what this forum was for to meet people and try to get info on an area. Sorry you think I am pulling a stunt. Why are you writing as if I am not going to read this. I guess I dont understand what this forum is for. Thank you to all who answered me. I feel sad that some people can be so mean. I thought florida was only this way seems like tennessee had a lot more friendly people...... Tell me what Im supposed to talk about here.
Linda - I go to several message forums and each forum has it own character. Some go out of the way not to step on toes, some get right in your face, and others in the middle. This one is pretty close to the "don't mean to step on toes" variety. There are several posters here that are suspicious of real estate activity (rightfully so), suspecting some posters of trolling here to subversively push their sub-division projects.

I read a few of your posts and it doesn't appear that is your agenda. You're just trying to get some discussion going on an area that you've purchased, you don't live in the area, and in fact if your location description is accurate, you live like a two day drive to your chosen location property of Hawk's Bluff.

Your post about how roads are coming along is fine. I think what you could also do is call up there and give other ideas and thoughts on what you've come across. Call your sales agent and ask them to email you some photos of the progress to share on this board, etc. I am not telling you what to do, just some suggestions.

And Linda, I don't want to come across as preachy, BUT, please don't categorize Florida people as mean and Tennessee as a bunch of welcoming grandparents. No matter where you go, there area always a bunch of different personalities. I think you get back what you give. Stay positive, ask thoughtful questions, and share what you learn.

That is how we all benefit.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:05 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,319,846 times
Default Grizzleybear34 is right

We are more of a "lets not step on anyones toes' kinda forum. We all, for the most part, are polite to each other and this is a heavily moderated site on all state forums.
There have been some questions lately about posting about places like Hawks Bluff, Sequatchie Point, Tellico Village etc. Here is the biggest difference on what threads/posts we allow and don't, hopefully everyone can see the major difference:
1. Is 50k to much to pay an acre in one of these "planed developments" and why am I seeing these adds all over the place when I live no where near TN. What do the locals think of these places? Would you buy in these places and why or why not?

2. I just bought a lot in this development and it is great! This guy that helped us was fantastic, call him now. Hey Joe, did they get the roads and utilities put in there yet? Who are our new neighbors? You want to play golf when we get there? I am going to build a cabin, anyone want to rent it?

As you can see the difference, 1 is an honest question about that area and the poster is looking for information. 2 is selling the place and it is more chat roomish. We are not a chat room. We are an information source for people by people, not just a bunch of statistics. In a nut shell, EVERYONE is welcome to become a member and post, yes, that includes Realtors, mortgage brokers, lawyers, builders, handy men, teachers, nurses and any other walk of life, as long as they follow the rules. Everyone is welcome to take or leave any information posted by anyone.

That being said, I will leave this thread open for another day or so, so everyone has a chance to read it then close it.
If anyone ever needs any clarification on how this forum works and the rules, there is a thread at the top of the main TN (and all states) page called T.O.S. it is a great read and explains our rules and regs of this site. If there is a post you think is against the T.O.S, please report it (function key at the top right of every post) and a moderator will address it as soon as possible.
Thank you and happy posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville