U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:18 AM

6,300 posts, read 15,343,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
OK now THAT is funny!

And I agree in particular about what to drink with pizza. When I was a kid in Florida, my big sister worked in a pizza parlor in Tampa. We'd go eat there ALL the time. Since my mom wouldn't let us drink Coke when we were kids, we would always drink root beer. To this day, I have to have root beer with my pizza.
I'm surprised you got the root beer. I used to date a LDS (divorced) . . . she would made her two children drink milk with their pizza. I saved the kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 11:49 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
783 posts, read 1,919,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I'm surprised you got the root beer. I used to date a LDS (divorced) . . . she would made her two children drink milk with their pizza. I saved the kids.
God BLESS You for that! I love to drink milk, but with pizza?!!?? Now THAT is heresy!!

blessings, Shen

Old 07-18-2007, 11:57 AM

8,990 posts, read 20,930,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenandoah View Post
God BLESS You for that! I love to drink milk, but with pizza?!!?? Now THAT is heresy!!

blessings, Shen
Yeah milk with pizza just isn't right. A tall, frothy mug of ice cold A&W, however, is the best!

Old 07-18-2007, 12:06 PM

6,300 posts, read 15,343,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenandoah View Post

blessings, Shen
Yep. I gave 'em beer.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:46 PM

40 posts, read 85,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Thanks, and I agree, the people who responded in the Ohio forum sure makes it sound like good pizza!

Wedgewood Pizza is supposed to open in Cookeville on August 20 in a new little shopping center called 10th Street Shops (on, of course, 10th Street, at the intersection with Fisk). That little shopping center is a great change from the dumpy little trailer park that used to be there. 10th Street is the road that goes from Tennessee Tech to Algood.

It's going to be run by a couple from Ohio who moved to Cookeville this year to escape the rat race of the corporate world. Here's the article in the Herald-Citizen that talks about it:

Business Story

I can't wait to go try it!
Just a side note. There is also going to be a CVS Pharmacy locating to that same piece of land. The building permit has come through, now we're just waiting for them to start building it.

By the way, I read that story about the new Wedgewood coming to Cookeville, as I understand it, they only have pizza for you to take home to cook and not a sit down type of restaurant. Did I understand it right?

Old 07-18-2007, 02:55 PM

6 posts, read 10,479 times
Default Stumbled onto this thread

I was just trying to find the menu online and happened to stumble upon this thread. Wedgewood is actually not a chain. It is family owned and they only have two locations here. But it is the single best pizza in the mahoning valley and probably th best ive eaten. I travel a lot so i can back that comment up.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:55 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Yep. I gave 'em beer.
LOL! Certainly not some frou-frou beer like Yling Yling, or Coors Light, with a twist of lime??
Gotta get 'em started right with Busch, Coors, or a good Samuel Adams ale.

Now, that's an art - pairing beer with pizza. I've never tried Samuel Adams, but they've got a huge selection. And, sorry to say - I do take a twist of lime with my beer - to make it tolerable.

I prefer Birch Beer, or Cream Soda over Root Beer. Otherwise, it's gotta be a Pepsi.
If I'm pairing milk with food, then it's gotta be a huge chunk of double chocolate cake with a tall glass of ice cold milk.

blessings, Shen

Old 07-18-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal8080 View Post
I was just trying to find the menu online and happened to stumble upon this thread. Wedgewood is actually not a chain. It is family owned and they only have two locations here. But it is the single best pizza in the mahoning valley and probably th best ive eaten. I travel a lot so i can back that comment up.
Where are their restaurants located in Ohio? I live just over the line near Ellwood City, PA, and the Boardman Ohio area is within a 1/2 hour drive.

blessings, Shen

Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM

I just did a Google search and brought up their website. Looks good! And the prices are reasonable. Also, another biggie, their closest location to me is in Boardman Ohio, 1/2 hour away.

There are 3 locations in Ohio: Austintown, Boardman and Warren. I'll have to try to twist hubby's arm and go there, next shopping trip into Boardman. I'll scope 'em out and see how good they are.

blessings, Shen

Old 07-18-2007, 03:06 PM

6 posts, read 10,479 times
Default locations

There is the Boardman location on South Avenue and there is the original location on raccoon road in Austintown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville