Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 03:05 PM

38 posts, read 98,655 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a great vet they use?

I currently have two dachshunds and eventually will be getting some farm animals.
I would love one vet for all.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 04:10 PM

869 posts, read 1,787,594 times
We use Ragland & Riley on 111. A little out of town, in Livingston, but we like it.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:19 AM

Thanks Sparkman, I looked up their website and it didn't show what types of animals they accept, do you know? I will be calling them too when I get to TN.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:36 AM

421 posts, read 1,691,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrus1stcav View Post
Thanks Sparkman, I looked up their website and it didn't show what types of animals they accept, do you know? I will be calling them too when I get to TN.
We use Ragland & Riley as well. They have several vets (more than just the two on the sign) and will take care of any animal you can think of. Have at least one guy that spends most of his time just traveling around to farms.

firepower

Old 02-13-2011, 12:54 PM

Thanks firepower, this is the type of vet we are looking for. As I said we already have dogs but hoping in the future to get some other farm animals. I would like to deal with only one vet.
I'll be checking them out. Thanks again.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:18 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
I have also used Ragland and Riley for years and highly recommend them (except for spay neuter, the humane society clinic is much cheaper and they are excellent there). They have done many farm calls for me (horses) and also surgery on a horse at their facility. They also have an emergency line and they will come out to the farm anytime or just answer questions.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:31 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
We use Ragland & Riley on 111. A little out of town, in Livingston, but we like it.
I STRONGLY recommend them! A lot of the rescues use them. They're fabulous!

Old 02-15-2011, 02:58 PM

Thanks for everyone's help. I'll be giving them a call when I get to TN.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:49 AM

710 posts, read 1,961,619 times
I use and highly recommend the House Call Vet, Tyler Verble. He comes to your house and only charges one "visit" fee even if he sees multiple pets. When my dog was alive, he would drop off her medicine once a month. He doesn't do blood work or surgical procedures, so you do need a vet for that stuff, but it has been absolutely wonderful to be able to call him and have him come to the house, and if you need to take your pet to a brick-and-mortar vet, he will tell you and contact the vet if you need him to--one of my cats had to have an enucleation (eye removal) and he told us what he needed and what to do, then our original vet did the surgery and blood work. Unfortunately, he had to put down two of my pets, and it really made things much easier for everyone (except him!) to be able to keep them home at the end. He's also really funny and sort of just a curious person, very dynamic.

He fixed one of my cats, who had some kind of weird virus, and then later told me that my cat was the first of quite a few he saw with the same thing, and that he ended up acting as the test case for what was ultimately a successful course of treatment.

He also does vaccinations and yearly exams and stuff and although at least the cats probably hate to see him coming, I know they find his visits less traumatic than getting in the car and heading over to the other vet.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:53 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordy View Post
I use and highly recommend the House Call Vet, Tyler Verble. He comes to your house and only charges one "visit" fee even if he sees multiple pets. When my dog was alive, he would drop off her medicine once a month. He doesn't do blood work or surgical procedures, so you do need a vet for that stuff, but it has been absolutely wonderful to be able to call him and have him come to the house, and if you need to take your pet to a brick-and-mortar vet, he will tell you and contact the vet if you need him to--one of my cats had to have an enucleation (eye removal) and he told us what he needed and what to do, then our original vet did the surgery and blood work. Unfortunately, he had to put down two of my pets, and it really made things much easier for everyone (except him!) to be able to keep them home at the end. He's also really funny and sort of just a curious person, very dynamic.

He fixed one of my cats, who had some kind of weird virus, and then later told me that my cat was the first of quite a few he saw with the same thing, and that he ended up acting as the test case for what was ultimately a successful course of treatment.

He also does vaccinations and yearly exams and stuff and although at least the cats probably hate to see him coming, I know they find his visits less traumatic than getting in the car and heading over to the other vet.

Also know as Dr. Death. LOL.

Dr. Verble is limited in what he can do being a mobile vet. Mostly vaccinations, medications and euthanasia and some diagnosis. He can be a godsend for those who are not able to get to the vet. Last time I checked he no longer treated farm animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
View detailed profiles of: