Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 08:08 AM

148 posts, read 425,379 times

Advertisements

Hello, my original post was deleted and merged into the Nashville area so I am trying again. We are seriously considering moving to Cookeville, so local input is very important to us. Here is our original post. Please let us know if your town is the place for us.

Hello.

We are a small family of 4. My husband took early retirement (really early) and we have a teenage son who will be going into high school in the fall of 2012.

We are looking for a community that is safe. That is our number 1 priority. A great High School Education for our son is next on our list. My boy does well in school, loves sports, especially football and will be going to college.

We want a relatively modern home (for rent at first) and a nice community to raise our son. We like to go to movies and sporting events. We do restaurants and like shopping. We love fishing and camping and hiking. We love to walk on trails and go bike riding. I love to get my hair and nails done and hang out with girlfriends. We are animal lovers and very kind people, we are trusting and helpful.

We are Irish/catholic. We know that catholic churches are rare, and it is not an absolute necessity, but we would sure like to fit into a welcoming community.

I mentioned before that safety is our 1st priority. We don't want to deal with Gangs or Drugs. We are from Chicago and there are parts of town here that you would not be caught dead in. (You would really be dead if you went through some of them.) We don't want to be anywhere near the ghetto or the "hood". We worry about drugs just like all parents do. I have heard that "meth" is a problem so we are worried about that, some communities up here are rampant with it.

Our son is a clean cut, blue eyed, blond haired football star, with his whole life ahead of him and we want to keep him safe at all costs. He loves sports and his family and we want to give him the best life we can. We are hoping that TN is the right place to do just that.

Our income is such that an ideal rental for us would cost about $1500 for a 3 bedroom/2ba home. We are considering Signal Mountain but we are worried it will be hard to find a rental home there.

Please give us some info on the communities you think we should look into.

Thanks, CS

Thanks again,

Last edited by JMT; 02-22-2012 at 02:36 PM..

Old 12-05-2011, 09:02 AM

13,352 posts, read 39,954,509 times
No, it was moved to the main Tennessee forum. Posting the same question in multiple forums ("cross-posting") is not allowed.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville